Letter sent today

joannebew
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6637 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Preliminary letter sent to HSBC for £600 of charges.

Called contact centre for address to send Data Protection Act request to response was "never heard of that" after being on hold a long time branch is due to call me back.

Will use online banking to send in copy aswell

Will keep you posted!!

Branch Manager called very quick.

Sending out forms which he states needs completing to get the details. Interestingly he states my charges were computer generated as they were standard over the overdraft limit charges, bounced checks etc can have manual intervention. So not expecting much on the DPA request.

Well, I have to say that I'm not happy that this is another bank trying to insist on forms. You don't need froms and it is a breach of the DPA to ignore your request and to insist on forms.

You react in the way you think best but I would tell them in no uncertain terms to comply with my DPA request in the form in which I have sent it - which ultimately is the form approved by Parliament.

Took your advice thanks, £10 debited from my account after speaking to a customer relations manager who took pride in stating they were going to charge the £10 even though they dont always. Seen as thought i asking for money back. Question - When we file the court claim can we add the £10 DPA cost in???

may as well. They can always object if they want.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6637 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks