Section 77 and 78 CCA 1974

ncf355
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

just wondering about the 12 and 30 day limits on providing the original credit card agreement.

I've finally managed to get the full act in pdf, and whilst I can clearly see the 30 day limit offence part (actually states 'one month'), I can see no reference in s77 and s78 to the 12 working days time limit before a default has been commited

Duty to give information to debtor under fixedsum credit agreement.

77.--(1) The creditor under a regulated agreement for fixed-sum credit, within the prescribed period after receiving a request in writing to that effect from the debtor and payment of a fee of , 1, shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it, together with a statement signed by or on behalf of the creditor showing, according to the information to which it is practicable for him to refer,--

:confused:

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

• 4 years later...

Consumer Credit (Prescribed Periods for Giving Information) Regulations

1983 (SI 1983/1569)

Quote:

1 Citation, commencement and interpretation

(1) These Regulations may be cited as the Consumer Credit (Prescribed Periods for Giving Information) Regulations

1983 and shall come into operation on 19th May 1985.

(2) In these Regulations, "the Act" means the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

UK Parliament SIs 1980-1989/1983/1551-1600/Consumer Credit (Prescribed Periods for Giving Information) Regulations

1983 (SI 1983/1569)/2 Prescribed period

2 Prescribed period

The period of 12 working days is hereby prescribed for the purposes of each provision of the Act specified in Column 1 of the Schedule to these Regulations relating to the duty indicated in Column 2 in relation to regulated agreements.

UK Parliament SIs 1980-1989/1983/1551-1600/Consumer Credit (Prescribed Periods for Giving Information) Regulations

1983 (SI 1983/1569)/SCHEDULE Sections of the Act in respect of which a period of 12 working days is prescribed relating

to duties in relation to regulated agreements

SCHEDULE

SECTIONS OF THE ACT IN RESPECT OF WHICH A PERIOD OF 12 WORKING DAYS IS PRESCRIBED RELATING TO DUTIES IN

RELATION TO REGULATED AGREEMENTS

Regulation 2

Section of theAct

Duty

(1) (2)

77(1) Duty to give information to debtor under fixed-sum credit agreement.

78(1) Duty to give information to debtor under running-account credit agreement.

79(1) Duty to give information to hirer under consumer hire agreement.

103(1) Duty to give debtor or hirer under a regulated agreement termination statement

or serve counter-notice.

107(1) Duty to give information to surety under fixed-sum credit agreement.

108(1) Duty to give information to surety under running-account credit agreement.

109(1) Duty to give information to surety under consumer hire agreement.

110(1) Duty to give debtor or hirer copy of any security instrument executed in

Live Life-Debt Free

• 1 month later...

Good grief Barty, you dragged that one out the archives!

My original post was 4 years old

:-D

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

I know...I was searching for other info and this post showed which at the time looked like it was a new one and spookily I was using that stuff so posted it up before I realised how old it was....

B

Live Life-Debt Free