A 'Pets & Vets' forum?

The Chez
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Elsa, my vet today reckons she has lost her 'smell' so he will have a look on Friday, as she is due to get an emergency hysterecomy.

As for the eating, it has improved, she ate some steak sausages, cold ham and some tuna!! Not the ideal diet for a diabetic dog, but Mr S the vet says as long as she is eating something so the insulin can work. Her BS was down today to 24.8, yesterday it was so high it didnt even register :eek:.

She is brighter tonight, her coat looks so much better and she isnt just lying vegging, she is taking notice of everything and being terretorial over her blanket with the cats.:D

So Im just hoping Friday go well, as we all know a GA is risky enough even in a healthy animal

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, I will keep everyone updated on how she is doing.

I put a wanted out on freecycle for a dog bed, as she normally just sleeps outside my son's door, and I have someone coming over next week to do a Reiki session on her and give her a massage.

I cant believe how many great people there is out there, all my neighbours have been in to see her today and given her some treats:)

Thanks,

I am literally just in the door from dropping her off, and Mr S wanted me to stay while he sedated her, so she would be calmer. He says normally they are just dropped off, but under the circumstances, I think it would be better if you are here.

They are also going to biopsy her kidneys on the safe side as she is slightly jaundiced, but he thinks thats due to the infection.

So now a day of pacing the house, drinking coffee by the gallons, and general doing lots of nothing!!!

Well today she has managed to eat some chicken and rice, she had no problems with her insulin and liver supplements. Her Collar is off, she has cleaned her wound and herself and hasnt touched her stitches.

Unfortunatley she is desperate to get out and play in the snow :D

So looks like she is well on the way to recovery.

Many thanks to all those who have asked about her.

fantastic- you must be over the moon- but dont forget to get after that other vet. And I've been thinking, your regular vet is partly to blaim for not being more carefull who he employs to treat his patients when he's not there.

Day 4 - Well she has started eating her regular dog food, and is mooching for some of her treats :D

Her coat is coming back to normal, and she is smiling and wagging her tail when anyone talks to her.

As for my usual vet, he has called today to check her. I know he feels partly to blame and that is why he has been so helpful and concerned about her.

Check up at Mr S's tomorrow so I will keep eveyone updated :D

Quick Update on the furball!!!

She got her stitches out today, and is doing fantastic, she is like a puppy again, but worse. I cant even go to the little girl's room and she is there.

As for the other VET, Mr S (the good one)is in the process of refunding all the emergency charges, all her treatment and surgery is free and she will get her insulin free of charge for as long as she needs it, and he also gave me his home phone number and mobile number incase she has a funny turn.

I think the girls and him in the surgery have a real soft spot for the furball, as she is as daft as a brush but very well behaved, and she always leaves them in stitches and tears with laughing at her antics:D

Great news Maz!

As Hightail said earlier, that vet is a keeper and it's lovely to see there are still those around who will do the right thing..and then some.

One great thing you will draw from this bad experience is the increased bond with your furball, as I found with my GSD when he was seriously ill as a youngster.

Have you got a pic of her we can see? :)

Elsa xx

Well thats day whatever now, and the vet saw her yesterday and is amazed at how she is doing. :D

She is currently sitting on the sofa infront of the living room window, barking at the birds :rolleyes:, she has been doing this since about 7.30am!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, see some of your suggestions are good :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Well just as our Pooch is getting back to normal, she had a check up last week, all her bloods came back goot, her blood sugar is still quite high, but it is dropping at a good pace.

Bad news is that she has the onset of cataracts :(

Its very common for diabetic Dogs though, and Im sure it wont stop her from being even more daft!!