Capital 1 CCa request

Dotty50
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3052 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Had my first response and have attached it with a letter which I plan to send back.

This account is up to date so at the moment they have nothing to worry about!

Any thoughts on the letters would be appreciated.

Strange....are you sure there were no transcribed numbers in your original letter Dotty??

Crap 1 are just playing games by the seems of it and just want to make your lawful request as hard as possible.:mad:

They'll probably write back next and tell you that can't process your request because you haven't signed the letter!! :mad:

EDIT: Just had a thought, is your account number definitely the same as your card number??

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Hello WelshMam,

I only put the last 4 digits on the original letter but as you say, just another delaying tactic.

Will post my reply tomorrow and wait...............................zzzzzzzzzzzzz:rolleyes:

Wrote to 5 in total on 29th April but only 1 reply!

MBNA x 2 (Virgin & Ex HFC) Halifax and Sainsburys long wait from what I read on so many other threads

Hello WelshMam,

I only put the last 4 digits on the original letter but as you say, just another delaying tactic.

Will post my reply tomorrow and wait...............................zzzzzzzzzzzzz:rolleyes:

Wrote to 5 in total on 29th April but only 1 reply!

MBNA x 2 (Virgin & Ex HFC) Halifax and Sainsburys long wait from what I read on so many other threads

Know that feeling well Dotty!! :rolleyes:

Sent off for mine in March, still waiting for 2 from MBNA and 1 from Citi. Did have a nice surprise from M&S as they said that couldn't find it!! Ooops!!!:D

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Had the attached from Cap 1.

Nothing to indicate it is my agreement, looks like standard stuff they send out to anyone.

Had sent 'Account in dispute' letter the day before so did they just cross in the post or was it an incredibly quick response to this?

Now have to consider next step so any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated.

Really want to do F & F letter but looks as though there is more chance of getting to the point where they are likely to offer reduction, if you stop paying!

I really didn't want to stop paying due to CRA's as I may have to re-mortgage to sort out my problems.

CAP ONE 2ND REPLY - 29TH MAY - DELETED.pdf

Hi Anyone,

Is it me or is it a bit quiet around here? :-(

Had another, what appears to be standard response today.

Don't feel as thought I can face months of letter tennis, so think I may just write and say, "You cannot produce a CCA so let's negotiate a settlement".

When you find this site and see how helpful people can be, it gives you a boost to face your problems and try to sort yourself out but after you start the CCA process, I think it's the waiting time that brings you down and when a letter arrives it bring doubt in your mind as to how to proceed.

Or should this be my next step?

FORMAL REQUEST FOR INFORMATION

CPR part 31.16

This is what they sent.

Edited by Dotty50

Hi Dotty,

I would go down the cpr route.

for ease of reference:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/173201-why-you-shouldnt-use.html

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi Exchange & Idainfife,

Thanks for taking time out for me.

Bar code recognition, never thought of that!

Should remove and re-post it, how can I do that?

Next step, to get CPR letter done.

Must get motivated, I want things to happen overnight and realise this is just not going to be!

Patience is a virtue!

D50

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Delaying tactics?

Had a letter from them today asking for the £1.00 fee, as I had sent £1.00 with my original CCA request, didn't think another one needed to be sent.

Will send it tomorrow and wait..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

no, cpr does not require a £1 fee.

you can either ignore and keep to your timelines or send them a letter stating that the letter is persuant to CPR not cca

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 4 weeks later...

Well back after a couple of weeks and I have received their reply, dated 27th July.

Thankyou for your letter ...................blah blah blah.

You requested copies of the executed credit agreement and a statement of your account under section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

GIVE ME STRENGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Exchange,

Must get cracking this weekend on this and my others, it's so frustrating when they won't reply, you just feel as though you are banging your head against a brick wall!

I suppose the only consolation is that by finding this site you realise that you are not alone and help and advice is there for you.

:-(

• 4 weeks later...

Have sent telephone harrassment letter today, they are driving me around the bend now! I don't speak to them, it's just the amount of times they are calling.

Found the SAR template just unsure of a few paragraphs in it which don't or I am unsure if they apply.

• 2 weeks later...