Summer Meet up - Fri 21st Aug: Birmingham: 8pm starting at The Pitcher & Piano (Brindley Place)

tosh1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Which weekend?  

23 Caggers have voted

1. 1. Which weekend?

• 7th/8th August
    • 14th/15th August
    • 21st/22nd August
    • 28th/29th August
    • Comedy Stoke Option

Hi

Is anyone interested in a CAG meet in Birmingham?

TOSH

* mod edit: I have added a poll (you can vote for more than one weekend) - thanks, Seq *

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Old_andrew2018

Yes I am there are a few venues here sadly I have never managed to make one, I expect it would have to be late Summer/Autumn to allow plans to be made.

andy

I reckon I'd be up for that one !:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

OMG, not another one. Still when it's soooo close to home it would be rude not to attend if I possibly can.:D

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Oooooh - depends what date this is on. I'll be down that way in August so I may just have to pop along :D

.......just checked 15th/16th August would be good for me :)

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

OMG, not another one. Still when it's soooo close to home it would be rude not to attend if I possibly can

Surely you'll have recovered from the last one by then caro ;) ?? or was it that good ?....:eek:. LOL!

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Surely you'll have recovered from the last one by then caro ;) ??

saying nowt :rolleyes::p

:D

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

PMSL JM. I hope so, although I've got DD's 21st/leaving for uni party in August, a friends 50th not to mention my own birthday!!

I notice that travelodge are doing a special offer on £19 rooms for stays from 1st July to 31st August.

spacer.gif

The Great British Summer Getaway...

Wherever you're off to this summer, why not stop off at a Travelodge on your way? With more people than ever choosing to holiday in the UK this year, escaping the traffic jams and breaking up your journey could be just the ticket to starting off your holiday in style.

We're adding thousands of £19 rooms, available to book from 6am on Thursday 14th May 2009.

And with hotels all over the UK, you're bound to find your home from home. Say 'goodbye' to lengthy car, train or plane journeys, say 'hello £19 room at Travelodge'.

I agree with CB that last years meet in Broad Street was good, and I thought O'Neills was an ideal venue, even for the smokers (:rolleyes:), and a travelodge on on the doorstep, which take up to 4 peeple, so potentially under a fiver each.

We'd need to organise quite quickly (yeah right, lol) to try and get cheap rooms. Would be good to meet up with peeps again, and being the Midlands it's easier for people to come from all over the country, whether darn sarf or oop t'north.:)

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I've seen a lot of recent reviews on this site for the Travelodge. Doesn't sound like it's a very good place these days. :(

Hated it! - Review of Travelodge Birmingham Central, Birmingham, United Kingdom - TripAdvisor

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

It served it's purpose very well last year fuzzy as a few of us can testify, naming no names pmsl.

Yes it's noisy, but then if you're in Broad Street nowhere's going to be quiet, especially at the weekend. Depends whether you're looking for comfort or a cheap place to crash out and/or carry on partying.;) I wouldn't touch the breakfast with a barge pole, but there are plenty of places around for that.

My room certainly wasn't that bad, not that I actually got to sleep in it myself (or sleep at all come to that - long story and I was impeccably behaved I might add). Those who stayed on the lower floors found noise a problem, so might be as well to see if you can book one of the higher floors.

Plenty of other hotels around if you want a bit more comfort though.

What's Best for You?

The puppets are up for another visit... I enjoyed the 70's disco we ended up in... and the odd breakfast the follow day. Not to mention loosing the car in the car park(s).:)

Just watching Elvis live from Hawaii (old recording), just finishing off My Way... lovely bloke, would love to have met him.

The puppets are up for another visit... I enjoyed the 70's disco we ended up in... and the odd breakfast the follow day. Not to mention loosing the car in the car park(s).:)

Just watching Elvis live from Hawaii (old recording), just finishing off My Way... lovely bloke, would love to have met him.

Didn't make the disco myself SG, but I bet Johnny's enjoying Elvis - especially his rendition of Hound Dog!!:D

As for the car park(s) - well they did look very similar.:p

What's Best for You?

Don't think I have had a night out where I've not ended up in a 70's or 80's bar, usually with a hat given away free with drinks, flashing led novelties, glowsticks, and a pocket full of flyers for everywhere I didn't go to.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Don't think I have had a night out where I've not ended up in a 70's or 80's bar, usually with a hat given away free with drinks, flashing led novelties, glowsticks, and a pocket full of flyers for everywhere I didn't go to.

Sounds like my idea of a good night out :lol::lol:

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

Guest Old_andrew2018

Wow you've been away a long time, when those two Establishments were open petrol was 19/6 a gallon. Lol

Andy

I notice that travelodge are doing a special offer on £19 rooms for stays from 1st July to 31st August.

That's false advertising. That Travelodge didn't actually have any rooms, only saunas to sleep in with no air conditioning. Still, at £19... who cares?!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Ah yes, stuffy hot rooms, people running all over the corridors all night, bin men at stupid o'clock. Losing your cases......

Wouldn't miss it for the world!!!! :p

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Sounds idyllic SSL :rolleyes: . But why were you running around the corridors at night ?:p - or shouldn't one ask ? :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Not me.... :eek:

I was looking for the bar. ;)

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Heh! I'll believe you SSL ;)- thousands wouldn't !:p

Nemo me impune lacessit