Contribution to Costs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Short story: My mother died in 2001 leaving her house to split between my siblings - there are 6 of us. But... my brother was allowed to live in the property until he decided to sell. This was a clause in my mothers will. No problem with this. My brother is now selling up, but there is a large amount of work that has had to be done to make the house saleable, i.e. new bathroom, plastering etc. Another of my brothers and one of my sisters has paid this re-decorating cost up front. We have all agreed to repay up to £200 each to cover the cost. No problem with this.

What I do need is someone to sanity check a letter confirming that I agree to this and that the funds be paid on dispursement of the estate. I also need to say that any increase on the agreed limit would need to be re-negotiated.

Here is the letter - personal details removed.

With regards to >>.

This is to confirm that as per my conversation with >, 7th May 2009, I agree to contribute to the re-imbursement of costs incurred through the maintenance and decoration of the above property by > and >.

As agreed, I authorise > to deduct a maximum of £200 from the dispersement of the estate due to Boris Beaver. Any increase of this figure will need to be agreed separately.

Any comments would be more than welcome, but I want to get this letter in the post by tomorrow lunchtime.

Frederickson - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Lost - Claiming back from post office

Connaught Collections - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Lowell - CCA sent 11/4/07 - No agreement - returned to client

Moorcroft - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Red Castle - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Copy returned but no T&C's

Robinson Way - CCA Sent 16/5/07

Thanks Pat.

My brothers and sisters are all doing the same, and the letters are being sent directly to the solicitors.

Boris

Frederickson - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Lost - Claiming back from post office

Connaught Collections - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Lowell - CCA sent 11/4/07 - No agreement - returned to client

Moorcroft - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Red Castle - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Copy returned but no T&C's

Robinson Way - CCA Sent 16/5/07