What Made You Smile Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2026 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Father-in-law comes along to cut the grass in the front garden, I hear a loud bang, 6ft x 4ft front Lounge Window totally shattered !!!

Strimmer chucked up a very small stone and propelled it like an exocet.

I found it funny, no need curtains now, crazy paved design looks quite cool :-)

wow I saw that happen at the £ 4.1 million pound mansion I was working on a couple of years back.......totalled one of the 22 french doors that were one wall of the swimpool area of the house.....makes a loud bang right enough....the gardener there kept his job....just lol....btw the stone chucker was a massive heyter type lawn mower and it was some stone too

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a nice smile yesterday......I called at a small one man band washing machine repair place to ask advice or even if the owner could take a look at my condensing dryer...."to good to throw away" ...the owner was working away so his daughter called him and asked his advice on what I had told her of why my machine had the red water chamber full light was on and why my dryer wasnt heating the air in it....he told her to tell me what to do and no it wanst to ---- off ha ha...he advised me to do some things and so last night I did what his daughter told me and hey presto........done dusted and working.......2 nd big smile yesterday was a friend of mine asked me if I could go out for a nice lesurely drive to look at a small quaint country cottage she had an interest in so ok I went to offer advice on IF she should buy it....got there and it's a little delapidated and I told her my thoughts on how much it would cost to bring up to date if she'd bought it and she then said ....ahhh thats the rub Peetie.....I have bought it we then drove to her solicitors in Halstead so she could sign the papers and then she drove us home ha ha cheeky little minx...nice to be able to have the spare change to buy a country cottage though. I'll give her all my GOOD contacts names for her to get prices for her to bring the lovely little place up to date:-)...really happy that I havnt got to shell out on a new dryer

What made me smile today, my pay for 3 days work did not get processed, so I called agency, efficient bloke called me back and said it was another payroll error so they would do immediate process for me, I said I had P45 through so scanned it to them, so I now will get the RIGHT pay and possibly a tax rebate.

The other thing that made me smile today was my large catfish snoozing on top of his home (piece of drainpipe) in the fishtank, he looked very uncomfortable.!

Glad you didn't have to shell out on a new dryer Burlyb - unfortunately I have to get another hoover hose as mine is held together with gaffer tape!

just been out to see why i can hear the catfood bowl shuffling around outside

turned light on, couldnt see anything, went closer to find a hedgehog curled up in the bowl

havent seen one in at least 2 years

definatly a smile on my face (or it might just be the wine)

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

not too close, put another bowl of food near it

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

This:

prairieDogHOT3001_308x385.jpg

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

the photo above lol....but I expect a BIG F/A will make me smile any further today due to I'm still reeling from the shyte letter i got from the council....they wont be smiling either when they read my response.....paul ankers

I am sight impaired; which normally means I see things differently to other people. Someone posted a photo of a koala bear. I thought it was a rabbit(!).

A friend replied with "there must be something very wrong with your local Pets at Home if that's how rabbits look..." :lol:

pmsl Nyst luv

I started to lose my hair when I was young so I decided to start shaving it all off....it suits me now :-)...........well some years ago I told an old decorator bloke that due to my hairstyle I had decided to have two rabbits tattooed on my forehead cos they would look like hairs "hares" from a distance and then he replied.......why hairs ? why not a pair of bluebirds or somthing..................:lol:

:whoo:about time she came back, thanks burly

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Hello and welcome to the newbies. As burly said 'there are a few nutters here (especially in the Bear Garden)', but we are all friendly.

Watch out for Tilly:loco: though, and a few dodgy characters on the 'Last Post Wins' thread.:lol:

Only joking Tills, you know I love you really.:bolt:

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

welcome to our pad, make your self at home and remember the biscuits! lol

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019