Driving Licence Help

Ronnie1234
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5325 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I can confirm they do drop entitlements, I am a driving instructor and upon checking my license on hearing about watchdog, they had removed my motorcycle entitlement. Upon phoning DVLA they actually told me they can see my test pass (10 years ago) on the computer but they say I didnt claim the pass and I know I did but have no proof of me sending the claim.

Then the obvious question is how do they know you have passed?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all.

I HAD THIS HAPPEN TO ME.

lucky I had taken copies of my license and driver no's just in case this ever happend to me. and when you send any paperwork to them always send recorded and as i say keep copies of it all.

got it all sorted.

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

If my advice has been helpful, please take a moment to click on the scales

on the bottom left hand side of my profile :p

Hi all.

I HAD THIS HAPPEN TO ME.

lucky I had taken copies of my license and driver no's just in case this ever happend to me. and when you send any paperwork to them always send recorded and as i say keep copies of it all.

got it all sorted.

I have learnt this the hard way!

From now on I will keep copies of everything! Especially my new licence when I pass my test & get it!

What happened in your situation?

Hi Ronnie1234

They had no choice but to renew it, as i had all the proof copies and the like.

It's the best way.

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

If my advice has been helpful, please take a moment to click on the scales

on the bottom left hand side of my profile :p

I will be keeping copies of my New Licence - if / when I get it!

Am loosing hope of the solicitor ever getting a response from the DVLA now! Or it will be after I have taken my test again...which of course the DVLA will be aware of from my driving licence number.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

can someone help me please,I am living in Southern Ireland and have been for almost a year now my concern is that as i understand it i have to hand my licence back to UK and get it replaced to a southern Irish licence or i may be fined or worse?

i have managed to find the D900 forum to fill in on the irish side but i cant seem to find on the dvla website any such help what so ever on getting the form and what to do all it goes on about is changing to a uk Licence that i will have to surrender.

D401 form i think it is?

any help would be great

Edited by AcidC4

I don't think it wil need to involve the DVLA. AFAIU you are entitled to exchange your UK licence for an Eire licence showing the same categories as both countries are in the EU. If the form D900 is what the Irish use to exchange a license, then I would have thought that they will want to receive your current UK license in exchange for issuing the Irish one.

• 4 weeks later...