Driving Licence Help

Ronnie1234
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5325 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My fear now is the DVLA will respond to the letter I have sent, before we get a response from letter MP has sent, they may have contrasting views!

Why fear that? If it does happen it will only make them look even bigger idiots than we think they are already! :)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Letter MP has sent to DVLA reiterates everything that I've said & sent them, then ends

'I am not quite sure what has happened here but something is clearly amiss. I would therefore be grateful if you would undertake to make some urgency enquiries into the matter and clarify the situation so that I can advise my constituent accordingly.'

This could be a good week for me, or a really bad week for me!

Apologies but I am new to the site and haven't yet figured how to start a new post, so thought I would tag on to this one.

My nephew has had huge problems with the DVLA and has been repeatedly failed on his test. He has complained to the DVLA over the handling of his provisional licence and declaring him blind (incorrectly) and he now feels because of all the hassle he has had with them that they are penalising him at every opportunity. It took 4 months to get the issue over his sight resolved. We believe that they have a file on him and each time he goes for a test they review this and proceed to fail him. His instructor is now beginning to ask the examiners to start producing written reports on why he has failed as they are failing him on a maximum of 5 minor faults, which the instructor says is unheard of. He has had many students who have passed with far more faults and is also convinced that at this stage they are putting as many obstacles in my nephew’s path as possible.

Has anyone had a similar experience or know how to get access to the information they store about you?

the DVLA and DSA are I believe seperate organisations and I would doubt there is such communication between them.

If any conspiracy theory is prevelant here I would say it's the theory of they have quota's of people they are allowed to pass every day as the DSA is a business after all and if everyone passed everytime they wouldn't get as much money.

Like I say it's just a theory - but my driving instuctor still told me to booke the first test slot on a morning :)

Sorry I can't be of any real help :D

As Andie says, the DVLA and DSA are seperate bodies so I can't see how any conspiracy file is passing around.

As a driving instructor, I hear many of the pass rate theories kicking around, non of which can be substanciated. I can't disagree though that the pass rate fails to move by very much no matter what effort us instructors put into the teaching!

On your main point though, you say he is failing on 5 minors, which of course is impossible. I presume you mean 5 minors plus 1 serious. His instructor is also asking for written reports which again, sounds most risky, not just for your son but for all the instructor's other pupils! I would think very carefully about doing that for one of my pupils without strong grounds. The most obvious step for his instructor is he should be going out on the tests in the back of the car. A failure then should be most clear as obviously if the examiner fails the pupil for an action, the instructor has seen it first hand and, in theory, should be agreeing he would also have failed the pupil for that action.

• 2 weeks later...
DVLA responded to MP, to say I need to retake theory & practical.

Gosh! so what a shock. As usual the DVLA are claiming they are infalable even when an MP is involved.

I now have a solicitor looking at this.

I wish you luck, but I don't think we've heard of any similar cases to this ever getting the DVLA to back down and re-instate a license

The DVLA have answered MPs letter, but still not answered my letter.

Let's see what solicitor comes back with tomorrow, after looking over my paperwork. This is the last chance saloon now, if he can't come up with anything, it looks like I will be re-taking my tests, and having a few lessons in order to take the test again!

I am determined to explore every avenue, before giving in though! This solicitor is experienced with motoring issues.

SAR should require them to release any and all data stored against your name

My solicitor is e-mailing me a letter he intends to send today, for me to look over letter, agree to it & then he will send. This involes more waiting then for me.

Do you think I should ask for SAR in meantime or wait & see what happens from solicitors letter?

My solicitor is e-mailing me a letter he intends to send today, for me to look over letter, agree to it & then he will send. This involes more waiting then for me.

Do you think I should ask for SAR in meantime or wait & see what happens from solicitors letter?

See post #41

My solicitor is asking for copies of the documentation they have supposedly sent to me.

but did you place the SAR as patdavies has suggested which is nothing to do with whatever your solicitor has asked for?