**Driving License Renewal Address**

DrHunt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am currently having some severe debt problems and have been living at a friends address for a few months before I find a footing and get my life back on track. My driving license is soon to come up for renewal (it has my old address on it at present)

Im aware that as soon as I put my friends address on my new license that it will make me traceable and letters will be sent to his address.

Is there any way that I can (legally) change my license address but avoid any bailiff , debtors calling to my friends address untill I get myself sorted out

Thanks

DrHunt

Guest Old_andrew2018

Simply tell ur friend if anyone writes to you at their address to return it to sender not residing at this address.

Simply tell ur friend if anyone writes to you at their address to return it to sender not residing at this address.

Thanks for that oldandrew. I just dont want to cause him any hassle from door knockers etc

Tim

There are a great number of firms who will (for a fee) provide an accommodation address for such a purpose, for licences, your V5 and the rest. It's all perfectly legal, as the address you give has only be be one you can be contacted through.

In the good old day it used to be your 'Gentleman's Club' that handled all your correspondence needs. There's nothing in the rules that state any business or residential issues - all they want is a contact address.