(Marlin Financial Services) Outstanding Debt Search on Equifax Credit Report

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

Please Help....

Not sure if i have posted this in the right place if not please feel free to move my post.

I got an alert via email today advising me of a change to my credit file. Upon checking to my horror I found that a company called Marlin Financial Services and have done 8 searches in table 1 of my credit report and a search type of outstanding debt.

I didnt consent to these searches and have had no coripondance or phone calls from this company.

All my accounts are under control and I had two defaults that are due to fall off at the end of this year but these are also settled.

Does anyone know what debts these guys usually chase. I did some digging on the net and found they usually go after welcome car finance and yes car credit - But i dont have a car bought on credit, And i cant understand what they want with me.

Are they allowed to place 8 Searches on my file day after day. I understand that this will now smash my score to tatters.

I have launched a dispute with Equifax but I am guessing they wont be able to do much since the search type is "outstanding debt" so no doubt they will tell me contact the company directly.

I also understand but could be wrong I need clarification on this really, That outstanding debt searches stay on your file for 6 years from the list date and are almost as bad as a default or CCJ in creditors eyes.

Although i did read somewhere that this type of search stays for only 2 years can some one please confirm?

I was having a nice easter until i got that email now my depression has come back and hit me like a pile of bricks, I am thinking it could be an error but I thought usually DCA's send fishing letters first, before turning someones credit file into swiss cheese.

I just feel so cheated - sorry if i am sounding selfish but i have worked sooo hard to get my credit file back into shape and then these **** bags come and **** all over it with their searches.

Any Advice please.

Sorry to be a pain peeps any help would be great since i am walking on egg shells right now and feel really sick.

Dont know why just guess im down cos i was finnally getting somewhere and these beasts have messed it all up.

I really could do with guidance of how to proceed.