style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

could someone please answer a question I have as I need to know 100% either way due to an important choice that needs to be made today.

If a DCA (such as Cabot ;)) is chasing for an old debt on an old loan (unfort not over 6yrs old :() and they do not have your current home address but DO have your work details, is it just a matter of time before an attachment of earnings request falls into the lap of your current employer? don't know if they have a judgement or not (which they would need) or if they have a valid CCA as have not spoke in 3yrs, however loathed to open talks in case they do, as time clock restarts........they call my friend a hundred times a day (at work on his privat line) since end of last summer but he has never spoke to them....will they tire of the calls I wonder and go through courts???? my friend will lose his job and walk away with nothing in the harsh climate if they do so....

best wishes and many thanks to who ever takes time to responds.

:)

I don't know about your case but your friend needs to send them a telephone harrassment letter straight away - this is completely unacceptable.

Poppynurse :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!

They will eventually catch up with you. They will use a tracing company if they can't get to you themselves. You need to take the bull by the horns at some time, either now or when they catch up with you, the choice is yours. I think you are just putting off the inevitable.

They will eventually catch up with you. They will use a tracing company if they can't get to you themselves. You need to take the bull by the horns at some time, either now or when they catch up with you, the choice is yours. I think you are just putting off the inevitable.

well at the eod a lot of people on here have gone over the 6yr period so why didn't they get traced? I know what you are saying in that it is better to face these things if you can however due to many different factors that were not his fault (family problems) he ended up with a lot of debt that he cannot pay, nor will be able to pay in the near future.

re the original question, does anyone have any experiance. someone else on here said that this did happen to him but I just wanted to see if it also happened to more then 1....

many thanks