Gateshead Council Parking Ticket But Permit was on show!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Yesterday I received a parking ticket from Gateshead Council for allegedly parking without showing a valid permit or ticket! The thing is, I did have a one year permit on show in the windscreen in the the opposite corner from where the ticket was placed. Also, the sign said Mon-Fri permit parking only... this was a saturday!

I'm clearly going to appeal... I'm wondering though whether there is a different procedure required when it's council vs PCN. Do I need to scan photos, etc. to send to the council or would a letter suffice?

pieboy100

The ticket should have information on how to appeal. If it does not, then it is unenforceable.

It might be worth at some stage to post a scan of both sides of the ticket (washed of personal info), plus photos of signs and the parking bay (including the ends of the parking bay) as faults here can help with your appeal.

Typically: you write with an informal appeal. If that is rejected you wait 28 days for a Notice to Owner and then write a formal appeal. If that is rejected you appeal to PATAS. If you lose at PATAS you pay the full amount of the ticket (without the discount).

Gateshead Council has various zones and your permit is likely to be valid for 1 particular zone, i.e. where you live. The zone is normally made clear on the signage. You didn't park in a different zone did you?

BTW My disabled Aunty god a PCN yesterday for parking in residents bay where my parents live in Gateshead even though she had a blue badge on display. You are dealing with the lowest of the low here.