A few quick questions. Ccj and default.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5544 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all !

I'm trying to clean up our credit files but am getting a bit confused about things.

1 ) The first thing is a default from British Gas listed as defaulted in Nov 2005. Hubby was in the RAF at the time and we moved around a lot. However, I do remember that we were with Southern Electric and informed them we were moving house ( to the house address we have the BG default for ) and we paid all our bills, as we always did and still do by Direct Debit to them.

I'm not sure where to start in querying this default. Do I write to British Gas directly. It was a long time ago and I'm not sure where to even start with this to be honest.

2 ) The second thing is a ccj for £248 from Next. This is 3 years old and I'm not disputing it. We moved again and I had a baby and the Next account sort of just got lost and forgotten about. I only owed £100 but obviously costs etc have been added.

I'm not sure whether to pay it or not now. It won't fall off my credit record until 2012. But I read somewhere that if I pay it off now then it will remain on my record for 6 years from the settlement date, not the original ccj issue date ? Is this right ?

I'd rather just leave it unsatisfied and be free of it in 3 years rather than having a ccj even if it's marked as satisfied for the next 6 !

Any help greatly appreciated. Great site btw.