had 1st letter arrive from barclays/woolwich

slimliz30
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well done,

you got there one way or the other.

My claim against the woolwich got referred to the Barclays head office, and all my dealings were through them. I am surprised that barclays did not get involved in your case, since the amount of money is roughthly the same as mine.

It would be a good strategy, to send all your paperwork to Woolwich, as Barclays are severely drawing the procedure out, (I guess in attempt to deter claimants).

hi baby,barclays did get involved in my case but on the moneyclaim site you have to put the woolwich as the defendants..hence barclays not knowing about the default as the woolwich had not bothered to tell them...but it was barclays who originally offer me £500 as part refund offer not the woolwich..cheers paul

recd another charge from the woolwich today and thought i would give them a ring to ask for them to withdraw it.....they said that i am only able to have 2 charges a year credited back and i have had a few but, she said as a goodwill gesture she would cancel this one....i wander if she knew i had got all my charges back....i have also noticed that they have increased it from £30.00 to £35.00..they must be desperate to raise there profits from charges.....good luck to you all in your hunt...paul

below is a couple of lines from the Woolwich T&C. i wonder how many people they have notified did you ?

PART 5 - CHARGES

5.1 We may make a charge for Payment Transactions or services provided in connection with an Account and may deduct the amount of that charge directly from your Account.

Details of all current charges are available at our branches, by calling 0808 100 2032 or where appropriate for the product via options from the left-hand menu. If we increase a charge for basic Account services, we will give you at least 30 days' notice.

Dave

Data Protection Act sent 10/03/06.....1st request 25/03/06.....LBA letter 10/04/06

Claim No : 6RG02794

Reading County Court £1,616.26 + interest

Served on : 27 April 2006

Acknowledged : 3rd May 2006

defence submitted by 24th May 2006

Allocation Questionnaire submitted 5th June

Court Hearing : 2nd October 2006

SETTLED OUT OF COURT 12/09/06

hi dave,did not recieve any notifications from the woolwich regarding increasing the charges...only found out when this letter about the charge landed on my doorstep with the increased amount...crafty tactics if legal eh........paul

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks