Nationwide - Default A/C In Dispute Direct Debit

Oh Boy!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Nationwide defaulted whilst account was in dispute, i had not set up direct debit, as a result the a/c went overdrawn they charged me 30.00 a time, its now 400.00 o/d i told them to raise directdebit indemnity as i had not auth'd any d/d instructions, they told me to go and claim my money of some company i know nothing about.

Credit file shows default.

What the hell can i do with these people?

What next?

** Credentials **

10 Years Finance Fraud Investigator

5 Year High Court Sheriffs

2 Years Tip Staff Royal Courts

Currently : HMCS Enforcement Officer

Its funny, I provide loads of assistance, I get a little bit of an issue, request some guidance just incase I may make a mistake, everyone rushs at once to help...:rolleyes:

Even a doctor with a broken arm must get help from other doctors. geeeeez.

Admin Please close this thread/problem.

** Credentials **

Guest Old_andrew2018

Sorry mate I could only BUMP your thread as I'm no expert, but sometimes the forum goes quiet why not give it a few more days.

Andy

Thanks Andy, but I may have to attack Nationwide from a diff angle, thanks for your bump.

Attack begins tommorow.

** Credentials **

i have had a very similar situation to you with Nationwide. basically i had a DD on my flexaccount. but stopped using the account and phoned to cancel the DD they said it was all sorted. cut a long story short 10 months down the line i get a doorstep visit from a DCA asking for £400 after a long investigation i realise the useless f*ckers didnt cancel the DD and the account incured charges. i paid up to keep them quiet this was 4 years ago.

in October 2008 i tried to reclaim the charges but was told everything was on hold. so i thought i would try a dif route. i asked for copies of the default notice and if they couldnt provide me with on then they should remove it. and they should refund the money anyway as it was thier fault i was charged in the first place. they eventually as a "goodwill gesture" removed the default on 15 jan 09 but insist the charges are correct lol.

anyways i phoned the OFT to see if they would deal with it as it wasnt technically a charges re-claim and they said they would love to look into why Nationwide were willing to remove the default but not refund the charges, the oft said it was usually the money paid back but the banks fight to keep the default on there lol.

oh and on my SAR i noticed that under the accounts held i also held 2 loans with Nationwide which have been paid off.... i have honestly never had a loan with them and the data protection team are looking into it. so a word of warning make sure you read the whole SAR if you ask for one....

I have now been told that :-

Default is being removed

Charges Returned

Credit File amended to reflect this

HOOOOOO FUC*ING RAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

** Credentials **

• 2 weeks later...

I cant [edit] believe this,

after all that crap, the **** bags at nationwide are saying, they never promised anything and therefore no refunds yet or default removal.

YOU SONS OF **** BAG.........AARRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x

Edited by steven4064
swear filter bypass

** Credentials **

You have given very little detail about the circumstances so it is difficult to advise you. Let us have the story.

If you have been speaking with them on the phone then you should record your calls. I am sure that you and anyone else reading this thread have seen enough reports on this site to know that all sorts of interesting things are said by banks and other companies over the phone and that these conversations should be recorded.

Right!

I found on a website somewhere where you would dial a 0845 number get a ringing tone, dial the number you wish to speak to and then it would record the call, when you hang up it would email you the conversation and or you could log into your account or listen to it there,thing is i cannot find the dam site, there are a few but they charge money.

** Credentials **

Right Full Story Is,

I have a nationwide a/c flex, a mobile phone company who i am not connected to, had applied a DD, because it was electronic on the AUDIS system, nationwide accepted, this came to light latter, whilst i was away in europe the a/c was not being used, so no money in a/c, because the DD returned unpaid, they applied multiple charges to my a/c and now its 400.00 o/s 7 late payment markers on my credit file and a default.

Spoke to 10 different people, the last person i spoke to said that she would refund all charges and fix cred file, all because she spoke to Payment Services, who tried to recall my DD signed mandate, of course there is none, so for that reason because they could not prove i signed a DD mandate the money was supposed to be refunded, enquiries yesterday revelead however they have only refunded 30.00 quid of it ? why ? i asked they did not know, well neither do, i told them that the same reason they refunded the 30.00 is the same reason that they needed to refund the 400.00.

So last night spoke to manager, who said that the complaint had not even been made official and not registered, she only just registered it, of course i want to why that has work to my detriment, coz i have 7 late payment markers, and WORSE manager says there are no notes on system because we do not log them she says, they instead recorded calls, the manager continues with :- if the CSR said we will refund then we will honour that,,,, blah blah, so i was so mad, i hung up on her, I swear if the bank charges were not suspend, i would of started a claim, and got a colleague from the court in the jurisdiction to just empty the whole bank with out fail, after all i am in the right game.

I want to keep the a/c with nationwide, thats why i aint screwed them with the FOS and FSA yet, bt i warned them that i will send them a dear john letter, its NOT ME ITS YOU, etc.

God and Baby Jesus!

** Credentials **

I swear if the bank charges were not suspend, i would of started a claim

What difference does the stay of the charges case make to your claim? You aren't claiming that the charges are a penalty/unfair. You're claim is that the charges should never have been applied in the first place because the direct debit wasn't intended for your account. I.e. it was a (Nationwide/Auddis) processing error that caused the charges to be applied, not your failing to ensure the account had sufficient funds.

Yeah but, on more than 4 occasions nationwide have told me I can only claim the money back from the telephone company, they told me to call them and ask for the money, i then told them that the DD mandate scheme and indemity does not work like that, plus the telephone company will not talk to me because i am not their customer, the FOS say that Nationwide are responsible for refund,but Nationwide say not true, which total blcks, they are making their own rules up.

In other words they are saying TUFF. If telco will not refund your money get lost.

They make me sick, so I am waiting on friday to hear from this nasty manager to give me a result, it should never be like this.

schitt bags

** Credentials **

I suggest that you put your complaints to both Nationwide and Telco, making it quite clear that this is a complaint and ask for copies of their complaints procedures.

It may also be worthwhile sending a SAR to telco, which will cost £10 but should provide you with information that may explain how this situation has arisen.

Has the DD been cancelled now?

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

spoke to them again for 45minutes and nothing, terminated the call without any results i am so p#d offfffff

** Credentials **

Did you record the call? I suggest you just deal with this in writing now so that you can start collecting evidence for a future action, either to the FOS, the ICO or via the courts.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Right it no appears that I need to record all my calls as these scumbags are denying everything that was said, any recordings made will be available on-line, with all contradictions made, warts and all.

Latest is they are not refunding anything, and that I must now ask the telephone company to refund, they claim that the money is owed to them bearing in mind that they are all ILLEGAL CHARGES, dam the GOVERNMENT THE OFT AND EVERYONE INVOLVED, how the **ck can their be endless delays in making a ruling.

Where now?

** Credentials **

• 4 months later...

Hi was just passing and saw your dispute! I am actually having the exact same problem it happened to me when i was 16 and i wasn't earning any everytime i had a chance to pay off my account they kept adding charges of £30 and it was gradually creeping up into debt!

After about a year of constant charging etc i managed to clear my account and get away but i'm now 21 and been having abit of a problem getting a loan and was worried so i got my credit repot and its nationwide!!!

I dont really know what to do either but i do no credit expert (experian) will not help, you have to argue it up with the banks! and you also have to argue to get them to update it!

money savings expert website it good gives you templates on letters to claim back the charges!

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to me thier staff are clueless when it comes to the direct debit indemnity. If you did this I believe it logically follows that the charges should be refunded.

Unfortunately this is not in the guarantee which I believe it should be. If they refund one charge they should refund them all. Go to the FOS if you don't fancy court, it takes a while but I think they would take a dim view of this.

I'd be asking them why they allowed someone to debit your account without your permission really they caused the charges not yourself and you should not be expected to chase some company you have no connection to for this money.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.