Can I Change the DCA?

FredFerret
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5492 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I currently have a debt with Orange (Of which i have no problem whatsoever in paying), However this has been passed to Moorcroft (With which I DO have a problem).

Is there any way I can get this debt passed to anyone else? As I refuse to pay Moorcroft a penny,,,

We all know about Moorcrofts unique antics and I have raised this with Orange who says there is nothing can be done?

I this is true,, How can I make Moorcroft work for their money?

Thanks

Ade

Just send whatever you want to pay to Orange - they will not refuse it - and make clear in a letter to them that you will have absolutely nothing to do with Moorcroft. By the way, Moorcroft's consumer credit licence expired on 13 January so without proof it has been renewed - and there is nothing new about it on the OFT's website - should Moorcroft be collecting anything anyway?

Yes. pay Orange direct, and drop a line to trading standards and ask them why a company without a C C Licence is working as a debt collector

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

Just send whatever you want to pay to Orange - they will not refuse it - and make clear in a letter to them that you will have absolutely nothing to do with Moorcroft. By the way, Moorcroft's consumer credit licence expired on 13 January so without proof it has been renewed - and there is nothing new about it on the OFT's website - should Moorcroft be collecting anything anyway?

Yes. pay Orange direct, and drop a line to trading standards and ask them why a company without a C C Licence is working as a debt collector

Wow. We just sent them 3 CCAs this morning.

I was thinking about setting up a little club for collecting their Collection Reference numbers.

D-PC01, for example, includes the classic '... even if it is not actually read by you.'

I also have D-PC25 and D-PC120.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

I know we're slightly off topic here, but I've got

D-PC25-7 NOTICE OF INTENDED LITIGATION (I think I have about 25 of these:rolleyes:)

D-HC02 PASSED TO HOME COLLECTIONS DIVISION

...................... still no CCAs though.

I do hope their licence isn't renewed !!!

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Hi All,,

Thanks for the response,,, Sorry I have been slow,, our hard drive died...

I have tried to pay Orange over the phone but they say they cant accept any payment? Interesting about the CC license though,, They haven't called me for a few days either??

As soon as my hard drive is up and running a letter to trading standars will be sent!!

• 3 weeks later...

send scottydog this

Dear xxxx

Account Ref xxxx

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully,

if you can afford it send the entire amount to orange by post, if not send them an amount each month, if they return the money then keep the letters and reciepts and forget about it

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers PGH, I think I would be better going down the latter route (Paying Orange) but would need to do it via card as I don't have a cheque account. I MIGHT be able to get someone to send a cheque n my behalf,,, so are you sayin that once Ive sent the amount owing to Orange,, alls done?

Thank you V Much

Can you contact orange and ask them for their bank details so you can set up a standing order or online payment. Don't give them any account details just ask outright. If not do you have a bill from them as it should have the online banking payment details on it.....

Just a thought..

Alternatively send them a postal order in the post (instead of a cheque)

Hope you get on ok

Cheers

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

forumbox_top_left.gifforumbox_top_tile.gifforumbox_top_right.gifforumbox_left_tile.gifclose.gif Debt collection library Follow this link to our debt collection library.

This library contains templates and advice for dealing with debt collectors who act oppressively or unfairly.

This library is work in progress and will be built up over the next few weeks.

forumbox_right_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_left.gifforumbox_bottom_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_right.gif

When i made a complaint to my local trading standards about moorcroft's license expired, i was told DCA's are not required to have a license by law :rolleyes:... not very helpful!

Send a postal order to orange, with the amount you can afford cut out the middle man

• 1 month later...

OK,, here we go,, I have just had their 'Local rep' at the door asking for £10 per week... I told him that I wasn't happy with paying Moorcroft as they are a bunch of *****. (in different words) to which he asked why... So I explained that they have send a rep to my house with no appointment which is not the correct way to do this, and he explained it was him who sent the mail?!?!?!?. All this ended up with their 'rep' walking away and laughing saying that this is going to court, who then got into his illegally parked car and drove away despite attempts of me calling him back?!?!?

is this fuel to the fire???

Cheers All!!!

Hope you made a note of the plonkers name and time he called. Make a note of the conversation you had. Every little helps. So it is obvious he was threatening you with court - the cheek of it. Never having dealt with these particular plonkers and I know that a lot of people have me thinks there could be more threats on the way. You have the advantage in that you have tried to sort this out with Orange and they didn't want to know.

You really should have sent the letter in post 9.

Its not too late to do so just change the para about the doorstep call and complain about the call instead.

If you are going to pay Orange get someone else to write a cheque out for you it would be cheaper than POs but anything you do send make sure you send it RD or SD and copy everything that way you have the proof.

DG:D

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Moorcroft conned me a few years ago with an orange account. When I went to pay it they said it was quicker to pay through them and I needed my mobile phone as I'm disabled. They charged me twice the amount of the overdue account :mad: When I spoke to orange about it they weren't happy!

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)