Abbey Credit Card PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was sold PPI with this application. As you can see it is just a check box on the form and it sounds as though it is compulsory. I was not informed about the increased interest as the premiums were added to my card. I was not asked if I already had this cover or that I could probably get cheaper cover elsewhere. I plan to SAR them but I wonder if anyone could give me an indication of how strong my case would be?

AbbeyCCAFront.jpg picture by All__out - Photobucket

AbbeyCCAback.jpg picture by All__out - Photobucket

Guest Gordons Barking

Can not read the bucket docs to give an opinion.

Give the FOS a call they are quite good up to a point.

Misrepresentation and defined by The Misrepresentation Act 1967 and associated case law (see the sticky threads at head of PPI section) is the killer legislation.

The basic principle is that the defendant has to prove their innocence and the only acceptable evidence is written with your signature and a date.

If they did not inform you in writing about the full cost of the premiums on a document you signed dated and returned then you have a good case.

Go for the SAR I have had some really good info via them, which made the case in my recent PPI claim, that they just offered me all the premiums plus 8% for.