The Government and bank charges.

daniel_r_clarke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6648 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Where do you think the government stands on bank charges? i thought i hear d something on the news yesterday at work (but i could be wrong) about a bill going through now. Surely a bill going through the house of lords wouldn't have any effect on the contract we all have with the banks, would it? :?

I mean no amount of fancy wording could deny the fact that the banks are over-charging their customers every day. :twisted:

i could be wrong, but my question is this...

I have sent my letter off the Bank of Scotland asking for a full list off charges etc made against my account over the last 6 years. The only thing is that was about 1 1/2 weeks ago. Is there any way of speeding this process up before any such bills go through?

I would have no problem taking a bank to court, i mean i am a student and have little money anyway so i don't think this would have much of an impact upon my finances anyway!

Thanks

Dan

"Surely a bill going through the house of lords wouldn't have any effect on the contract we all have with the banks, would it?"

The house of lords is the highest court in the land, as such it's decisions are binding on all courts below it (ie all of them) Also the house of lords is where parlimentary acts go to be ratified before the queen signs them and they become law.

Talk is cheap. Supply exceeds Demand.

It may well be the highest court in the land but a contract is a contract. No going back is there? I have seen enough Judge Judy to know that! :wink:

Absolutely. Was not disputing that just clearing up what the houseof lords was with the author!!!

Talk is cheap. Supply exceeds Demand.

You will be supported on this site - but the case preparation and risks are your responsibility.

Where do you think the government stands on bank charges?

As the Labour party owe the bank or banks something like £24 million,

no guesses for working out who can exert the most presure. So it

doesn't matter what the government really thinks, with Local Council

Elections due in May [?] they will agree to whatever the banks want and

probably dish out a couple of peerages as well.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6648 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks