Schmidlin vs Private & Commercial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4966 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

First post in this forum, I've recently had to give my car back to the Finance company and they want me to sign a Voluntary Termination.

According to the finance agreement, I haven't paid 50%, and there is some damage to the front and rear of the car, Also, they picked it up from Police compound where the police had taken it due to them pulling me over and seizing the car. The only reason i'm giving it back is that I cannot afford to keep it insured as is required under the finance agreement.

The VT says they will sell the car at the auctions and I will be liable for everything that is left from the finance agreement minus the value they sell the car for.

Can I do anything about this?

Barclaycard-Reclaimed all charges-A/c Closed

Burtons-Reclaimed all charges-A/c Closed

Citifinancial-Default removed-A/c Closed

Halifax-Reclaimed all charges-A/c Closed

Capital One-Finally, Default removed-A/c Closed!!!

:roll:

• 1 year later...

*Update*

Hi, I know i've had no replies to this thread and as such, i left the dsebt and did nothing, the last time i heard anything from Private and Commercial was in March 2009. I have now had contact from Go Debt recovery (1 year and 2 months later) who have threatened me with Bankruptcy. I have sent a CCA request and have received that back with a copy of my signed original agreement.

I now dont know what to do and am worried about getting made bankrupt as obviously this would ruin everything.

Can anyone please help me out with this? Please?

• 4 months later...

Apologies for not getting back sooner, I did not realise anyone had replied! The current situation is they will petition for my bankruptcy as i did not manage to pay them either £8500 or £2500 on the day they wanted it, the last conversation i had was i offered to pay them £500 at the end of the month and would pay them £500 a month until the debt is paid, after reading quite a few threads on here, it seems i should not offer them a anything at all!

I have received a stat demand, which has already gone past the 21 days at least a month ago and they stated that they could wait until the beginning of November to petition for bankruptcy, however, after stating all my particulars to the CAB, they have advised me to shake Go Debts hand if they do make me bankrupt as they would never get their money and i would be debt free after a year, does anyone have any comments on this?