All MBNA Caggers Fight Against MBNA's underhand tactics

pompeyfaith
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4836 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Landy those card carriers can you scan and post them on here would be interesting to see what they entail

MBNA/OPTIMA have used that in a witness statement in my case

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Landy those card carriers can you scan and post them on here would be interesting to see what they entail

MBNA/OPTIMA have used that in a witness statement in my case

Regards

PF

Hi PF,

Hope you're bearing up after the sad loss of your dear Dad - OH and I were both very sorry to hear your news.

Of course I will get the card-carriers posted on here for you tomorrow. In fact I'm terribly sorry but I must admit that I do remember Angel saying before that they may be of interest to you, but I completely forgot about it till now.

Take care,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

thanks landy u are an angel no need to apologize though

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

hello Pf,,, have posted on your other thread again my sincere condolences

oh great Landy, im glad you remembered about those carriers for Pf, hoping it will prove some very good news for you PF

kind regards

angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

thanks landy u are an angel no need to apologize though

Hi PF,

Don't know about that!

Here are the pics of the card-carriers as promised - I've had to take pics of tops and bottoms separately as I've had to use the digi camera 'cos our scanner is still not working, so apologies once again...hope they're of some use to you:)

MBNA 2004 CARD-CARRIER FRONT UPPER picture by landy_alert - Photobucket

MBNA CARD-CARRIER 2004 FRONT LOWER picture by landy_alert - Photobucket

MBNA 2004 CARD-CARRIER REVERSE UPPER picture by landy_alert - Photobucket

MBNA 2004 CARD-CARRIER REVERSE LOWER picture by landy_alert - Photobucket

MBNA 2005 CARD-CARRIER FRONT UPPER picture by landy_alert - Photobucket

MBNA 2005 CARD-CARRIER FRONT LOWER picture by landy_alert - Photobucket

MBNA 2005 CARD-CARRIER REVERSE UPPER picture by landy_alert - Photobucket

MBNA 2005 CARD-CARRIER REVERSE LOWER picture by landy_alert - Photobucket

Hope this has worked - let me know if it hasn't!

Take care,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Hi CitizenB:)

We have definitely have both card-carriers and (I think) T&Cs for OH's two accounts - but one is a 2004, although different to AA's, if that's the one you have already? The other is from mid 2005 - is that too late - you said earlier ones? Will try to remember to get around to getting them to you tomorrow - mind like a sieve at the moment!

Regards,

Landy x

Thanks for those landy, However, do you have access to a scanner, because the text isnt very clear.

It does look as though clause 8 has changed from the 2003/2004 edition.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi CitizenB,

Unfortunately our scanner is broken, so normally I rely upon our son who's away at university and take docs I need scanning to him when we visit - not sure when we'll be going there next though:confused:

Will try to take some better pics a bit later on and see if I can improve the legibility at all!

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Hi,

I've just been reading some threads on the MBNA CCA agreements and understand this is the place to be.

I am just starting out with a battle against MBNA because they are harrassing the hell out of my mother-in-law who is 63 and she is getting really stressed out by them. She opened her account over 10 years ago so I do not believe that they will have a copy of her original agreement. Her balance is nearly £10k even though she only spent about half that on the card.

Please can someone confirm that I should send an SAR to them requesting the original copy of the signed agreement and not sign the letter so as to give them a signature to scan (hers of course)?

Thanks in advance.

Hi CitizenB,

Unfortunately our scanner is broken, so normally I rely upon our son who's away at university and take docs I need scanning to him when we visit - not sure when we'll be going there next though:confused:

Will try to take some better pics a bit later on and see if I can improve the legibility at all!

Regards,

Landy x

Dont worry too much landy, when you are next able to scan them in that would be good. I can always add stuff later. :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi,

I've just been reading some threads on the MBNA CCA agreements and understand this is the place to be.

I am just starting out with a battle against MBNA because they are harrassing the hell out of my mother-in-law who is 63 and she is getting really stressed out by them. She opened her account over 10 years ago so I do not believe that they will have a copy of her original agreement. Her balance is nearly £10k even though she only spent about half that on the card.

Please can someone confirm that I should send an SAR to them requesting the original copy of the signed agreement and not sign the letter so as to give them a signature to scan (hers of course)?

Thanks in advance.

Will, sorry to hear this. It is unlikely you will get them to send you documents under an SAR without a signature. MBNA are digging their heels in with CCA requests as well. IMHO, the best approach would be to do the SAR but draw lines or crosses through your MiL's signature or get her to sign slightly different to her normal one. But photocopy the signature so you will know if it pops up somewhere it shouldnt.

If you want a draft SAR letter, you should find one in the link in my signature. Theoretically they are supposed to provide you with everything they have on you. However, if you want something specific you should ask for it in the letter.

BCOBS

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies - I'll now start my own thread.

I've had a thought on the signature......with modern word processors it is possible to have faded text on documents. I will get my MIL to sign over a faded date so that it can not be re-used.

Thanks again and here goes....

If you want a draft SAR letter, you should find one in the link in my signature. Theoretically they are supposed to provide you with everything they have on you. However, if you want something specific you should ask for it in the letter.

Just a thought CB if you were to send a SAR to a DRA such as Experian, are they obliged to send you everything they have on you, thereby indicating whether or not they have the authority to record defaults etc.:idea:

..........MBNA are digging their heels in with CCA requests as well. ...........

Can we conjecture why this is ?

1. To give the Blue Peter Dept time to 'construct' the 'agreements'?
  2. Because they don't have any proper agreements?
  3. They are overworked :grin:
  4. The are stupid and lazy?

Seriously, don't we think if they had genuine agreements they'd send 'em to us with a thumbed nose type letter??

Seriously, don't we think if they had genuine agreements they'd send 'em to us with a thumbed nose type letter??

:lol::lol::lol:basa, but after requesting my CCA from MBNA last October, they finally put it in writing in December that sorry they didn't have one and would a copy of their current T&C's do?, then I roped the ICO in and voila! this week I got £4.80 postage cost, special delivery, copy of my original, signed pages 3 & 4 of 8 :confused::mad:

:lol::lol::lol:basa, but after requesting my CCA from MBNA last October, they finally put it in writing in December that sorry they didn't have one and would a copy of their current T&C's do?, then I roped the ICO in and voila! this week I got £4.80 postage cost, special delivery, copy of my original, signed pages 3 & 4 of 8 :confused::mad:

Hmmm....they told me they had *requested* mine and if they could would let me have a copy??

Maybe ICO is the way to go??

PS: Do you think your agreement is enforceable, if not what do you propose to do about it??

I suspect that they would send them wrapped in a N1

GK

I suspect that they would send them wrapped in a N1

GK

If I were a judge I'd be mighty ****ed off that MBNA had waited until litigation was started to produce a document that was lawfully requested many times months ago. Thus wasting the courts time.

Hmmm....they told me they had *requested* mine and if they could would let me have a copy??

Maybe ICO is the way to go??

PS: Do you think your agreement is enforceable, if not what do you propose to do about it??

Well, it looks enforceable to me and I don't know what I'm going to do about it!:(

Well, it looks enforceable to me and I don't know what I'm going to do about it!:(

Are you sure that they've given you the real agreement - as opposed to copies of pages from different agreements...

What's the date of the agreement - can you post it...

The reason I'm intrigued is that when I asked, in proceedings, for Mortimer Clarke to produce the original they told me that they don't keep originals...they've produced an interesting document

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Hi all,

If you send the letter asking MBNA to only contact you in writing do they actually abide by it? I'm getting royally p**sed off with the calls from them. I'm getting at least two a day if not three, they NEVER leave a message though which is odd!

I'm not getting upset just annoyed!!

Hi,out of the red

If you send the letter asking MBNA to only contact you in writing do they actually abide by it? I'm getting royally p**sed off with the calls from them. I'm getting at least two a day if not three, they NEVER leave a message though which is odd!

I originally asked MBNA very nicely to keep all correspondence by letter.

They ignored that, so i got a truecall device and started recording them.

I kept a log of their calls and sent them a telephone harrasment letter i copied from the templates library and added a comprehensive list of dates times and numbers, to show them i was keeping a log.

To date, they hardly call and with this new device i can select who can call me and who cannot and it's certainly given me and my family some peace.

Elg.