All MBNA Caggers Fight Against MBNA's underhand tactics

pompeyfaith
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im an MBNA employee and i dont know how to use a keyboard and telephone lol

Thats more like

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Thanks lexis200 for your answer at post 76 above have been trying to get someone to answer on my own post - if you have time can you look at my thread roors v mbna - my agreement and whole story are there.

roors

hi

well thought it had gone quiet , sent harass letter along with cca 10days ago and somebody told me to send another one on thursday along with email, which i have done. Now i have had frank cassey on the phone again today

call went sounded like they were in a pub just asked for me by name

i said who is calling frank cassey so i hung up

rang back told him it was harrassment and wanted to know who he was speaking to so hung up.

then i have had 7 calls i let it go to answer machine all the numbers are witheld but i have checked our call planner and none were for work.

any ideas what i do next? please help

Who did you send the harrasment letter to? They weren't interested in stopping until I pointed out their continuing calls despite my letters to their VP Gail Powell (well, one of many I would assume, but it worked).

If you can do it, I really would suggest picking up the phone and getting the name of whoever is calling you, then just stating that you have asked for everything to be in writing, and very politely tell them you will be hanging up now.

If you find it is the same person ringing you over and over, then I would have thought there is a claim for harassment personally for them. If it's different people, you'll still find it helpful to be able to write a complaint to whoever (Ofcom/OFT/TS/their VP) which can say 'at x 0'clock x phoned'.

There's no point just hanging up without telling them you don't discuss financial matters on the phone, and that they have been informed of this.

You have to remember a lot of these departments don't speak to one another, so it may not be on your notes yet. I'm not excusing this in any way, as I think it is supremely poor that large companies can't communicate within departments, but it does happen. Also, according to BOS who are rather tenacious with phoning despite being told to feck off, they don't get the notes up until they have got through to you! Again, this does not excuse them as your number should be removed once they have notification, but it may explain what's going on.

The other reason not to just hang up without telling them not to phone is that they will be used to people doing this, and will just assume it's because you don't want to talk to them. They will not assume it's because you've told them not to phone, so they will call back again and again. They need to be told why you're not speaking to them - even if it feels like banging your head against a brick wall.

It will get through to them eventually, you just have to be consistent, and make sure that if they write you do respond (at least to the non-template letters), so that they know the 'lines of communication' are open.

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

hi

its the same guy i have been getting for a couple of weeks, he tells me he does'nt have to ask me any sec quest since i am confirming who i am,

i sent standard letter along with cca and an email last week customeradvocate.office@mbna.com

i can't remember who the letter went to i think it was a brian ? i got the details from a member here.

I am not going to let this drop now and want to know who i make another complaint to and to ofcom etc.

As i said its the same guy and he is a nasty bit of work, he knows all the tricks last week threatened to contact my boss.

Please help with all the info so i can make a complaint since i am not sure where to start

thank you so much

meant to say two letters have been sent one with cca

and second last week

hi

its the same guy i have been getting for a couple of weeks, he tells me he does'nt have to ask me any sec quest since i am confirming who i am,

i sent standard letter along with cca and an email last week customeradvocate.office@mbna.com

i can't remember who the letter went to i think it was a brian ? i got the details from a member here.

I am not going to let this drop now and want to know who i make another complaint to and to ofcom etc.

As i said its the same guy and he is a nasty bit of work, he knows all the tricks last week threatened to contact my boss.

If he phones again, tell him right at the start you're recording this conversation and if he hasnt asked security questions ask him why he's not asking for any data protection security questions... see if he changes tact then.

If he phones again, tell him right at the start you're recording this conversation and if he hasnt asked security questions ask him why he's not asking for any data protection security questions... see if he changes tact then.

hi

i did this when he rang last week and his reply was since i had confirmed

i was xxx (by first name) he did'nt need to do any other checks

Hey almond

Can you get a recorder, or set a recorder up by the phone - anything to get him on record saying he doesn't need to go through security? You can get a cheap one (about £30) from argos that you just plug in and it's ready to go.

This is utter bollards, and completely threatening behaviour. Unfortunately, unless you can prove it you can bet they will not have written this in the notes. OH had exactly the same with MBNA - their 'advisor' started discussing what he owed, at which point OH told him he shouldn't be saying that. He was told that as he was discussing what OH had written in a letter, that it was fine! When I complained there was no record of this, save to say that OH had complained but that 'I never' (yes, I never) missed security.

You need to be able to name him in a complaint and back up what you've said, as it's a big problem for them if one of their employees is stating this and you can prove it.

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Hi, I'm new to this so please bear with me. A couple of months ago I sent a CCA to Aegis (who are the DCA arm of MBNA) after receiving several phone calls and a couple of the usual intimidating letters. I didn't hear from them again and am still dealing directly with MBNA. As Aegis didn't respond to my CCA (or return the £1 postal order) can I put pressure on MBNA who own them? I'm a little reluctant to re-establish contact with Aegis. (For what it's worth, MBNA told me twice to ignore the Aegis letters when I complained to them on the phone. I have separately sent a SAR request to MBNA and still waiting.)

Any thoughts would be appreciated thanks.

I personally, and many others on here, deal directly with the Original Creditor (OC) and not their various departments of Debt Collectors. It was, after all, the OC that you took the agreement out with. However, the OC's don't seem to communicate with their own debt collectors, so I address letters to the OC and copy the DCA, and ignore speaking to the DCA's, except for recording their 50 calls a month;)

Hi AllCld any one with MBNA experience pls have a quick look at the small print on my MBNA CCA? and comment on enforceablilty?It is posted here:http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/185910-mbna-cca-plse-take.html

thanks, R

Edited by Roger_Ahoy

For some reason the link takes you to the front page of CAG

Your thread is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/185910-mbna-cca-plse-take.html

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby