old NRock credit card debt - now with the co-op freds now moorcroft threats

Cena34
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4640 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Moorcroft are phoning and writing again about this debt! I didn't send the SAR or anything to Moorcroft in the end last time as I decided to wait and see if they followed it up which they didn't until now. I've received a few phone calls from Moorcroft which I just haven't answered (thank god for caller id!) and I've received 3 letters since 04/03/11. The first letter is one I've had off them before about 'possible' litigation, the second one was offering me the chance to pay monthly instalments, I was just ignoring these again as they are full of c**P. The last they've just sent is bothering me though as it says that they've passed it to their home collections division which 'may?' involve their local representatives calling at my house, this I obviously don't want! The letter is also saying that they are prepared to accept 30% less if I pay within 10 days, I have no intention of doing this!

I vaguely remember that the original CCA request had some wording about not allowing callers at my house, do I write to them pointing them in the direction of this? Is there a standard template for this? Do you think I should still send the SAR? Any other advice is gratefully received. Thanks

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My my, Moorcr@p have kept hold of this for a while, I wonder why that is?

I wonder if it is because no-one else will touch it with a barge pole because it is unenforceable?

I actively encourage DCA's to send round their pathetic doorstep collectors, advising them that I record any cold callers at my door, and that i don't have a doorstep for them to collect, and if it's a 'field agent', I don't have a field, no-one has graced my property yet.

If some fool turns up, there is nothing you wish to say to them regarding the matter on your doorstep, leave now you'll be counting the fingers you haven't got, and shut the door.

It is simply another lie moorcr@p like to spout off, it makes them feel that they are one rung above the rest of us. Ignore them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Cheers for the replies, I'll just keep ignoring them then, it's worked so for (lol). I don't really care if they send someone round as they won't stay very long! Once I growl at them I think they'll be on their way

• 3 months later...

This debt has been bounced on again to the Lewis Group, I've had a few letters off them and loads of phone calls which I've ignored. The last letter was offering a 50% reduction if I paid!! I also received a letter from Howard Cohen which I presume is all part of the same group.

I'm not bothered by any of these and intend to continue to ignore them until they get bored like Fredricksons and Moorcroft BUT today I received a letter from Welcome Finance asking me to contact them as they've been trying to contact me, they haven't. I know that Welcome and Lewis are part of the same group and I think this is just another ploy from them to get me to phone them.

My problem is that I do have a secured loan with Welcome that I'm paying without any problems and am wondering whether they are going to start messing about with this loan or diverting money from this loan to pay the debt?? What do you think??

IMO if welcome are so foolish as to attempt offsetting any money from you current "good" account to pay off your "bad" one, then it would be time to send in the dogs.

TBH I am not 100% sure of the relationship between the Lewis Group & Welcome, and it is a little late to be hunting them down, BUT IMO I would make sure that you made good your current payments and keep a record of what your paying, which I am sure your doing.

If they are offering you such a massive discount such as 50% then you really have to ask yourself why?? Is it because they will still make a profit on that? YES.

Is it because the debt is made up of charges & fees? YES.

Is it because they have NO legally enforceable paperwork? YES

They have shown their hand, if they push it then you can reclaim all of the unfair charges and fees, and the amount they will be chasing for, in reality, will be peanuts.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 month later...

Interesting development! I've just had a visit from someone acting on behalf of the Lewis Group offering to help me with my debt as it was in my interests to deal with him rather than let it go back to the bank!! Think he said something about £40 a month, told him I wouldn't be dealing with him and I wasn't interested and basically to 'go away'. Any ideas what their next step might be now??

Did you get his photograph or film it?

Your right not to deal with fools on the doorstep, I wouldn't have given him the time of day to be honest, asked him who he was then shown him the way to go home...

Who knows what there next move will be, in fact who even cares?

Your issue is with the OC not these children.

See what letter they send you next and go from there.