Template letter required please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just remembered that I think I've seen a letter somewhere on this site that says something along the lines of the DCA deemed it sufficient to send me demands for money without substantiating ID - so why ask for ID now?

Can't really remember the full letter.. could I send that if I can find it?

As it has taken them longer than 40 days it means they are in default of your request - I am sure this is the same as being in default of a CCA request, i.e. you can stop making payments.

As for the choice of ID, whichever you send, make you sure put crosses through your signature so it can't be "lifted". You can only send what you have.....

I think the letter you are referring to is in response to them asking for ID for a CCA request, not a SAR.

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

Ok, yes, I wasnt sure about the letter.

I'm not making payments, I'm just trying to find out what the DCA have on me to substantiate their outstanding debt mark on my credit file - ie what paperwork do they have as they havent shown me anything?

This is so frustrating.