MeganeLad Vs Barlcays

d1avehughes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey,

I made my first letter out to Barclays and followed the instructions exactly. A few days after posting the Data access request I called to speak to my branch to see if they received the letter. As usual, Barclays wouldn't put me through to speak to the branch, but they did offer to send me the statements I asked for. 3 days later they have arrived.

I have just spent the past hour going through the statements, but not entirely sure what to look for. I have calculated all of the charges with "Paid Referral" and "Unpaid Outs". Is there anything else I should be looking for?

Also, I'm at a loss about how to calculate the interest. I've read all over the site and am still a little stuck. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, without interest it still stands at a whopping £1365 they owe me.

Unless I get any great advice tonight, the first letter demanding repayment will be posted tomorrow.

This is a great site, rest assured, donations will be made upon settlement!!

Nice one!!! That is tremendous. To be honest, I think that's more than enough anyway at this stage.

I'll post the letter requesting payment tomorrow morning.

I'm so annoyed that it's unlawful for them to charge this. The number of times I went into the bank and asked for help with my charges, they kept turning me down, saying: "When you stop getting those fines, we can help you". I'm sure you all felt the same as me: "How on earth can we stop getting fines when in some months you're losing over £100 a month in fines!??"

Well done to everyone who's challenging the banks!

Hang on!!

All the letter templates for first letter asking for repayment all mention interest.

Where can I get the right letter to send?

Any help greatle appreciated.

If the charges have made you go overdrawn and the bank have charged you interest on that overdraft then you can claim back interest on the charges whilst you were overdrawn and Vampiress' excel sheet in the library will do this for you. A lot of people (including myself) have not claimed back this interest however as it is difficult to calculate and some let the banks keep this as it is fair to charge interest on an overdraft they have given you. As I undersatnd it anyway.

Once you get to MCOL stage however you then add on the 8% interest from the court act.

Barclays

Data Protection Act Request Sent 13/06/06

Statements received 20/06/06

Request for repayment sent 22/06/06

LBA sent 07/07/06

Claim sumitted 22/07/06 £2510.86 total

Claim acknowleged 08/08/06

AQ returned 06/09/06

Court Date set for 22/12/06

MBNA - £348 settled in full

HSBC - £1168 settled in full

cahoot - £100 settled in full

Get this.........

When Barclays sent me the statements, they did not mention anything about payment. They never acknowledged my cheque, not mentioned that I would be charged.

Two days later I received another set of statements. This one had my cheque enclosed, with a letter saying that there was no charge for this service.

Today I received another set of statements (that's 3 in total). This time they said in the attached letter that there was an admin fee for this service, and £5.00 had been debited from my bank!

Has anyone else had anything like this? I haven't contacted them, but I don't see why I should pay £5.00 when they said it was free. And one set of statements was enough. That's a huge waste of paper!

Advice appreciated.

A clear case of the left hand and the right hand not knowing what the middle hand is doing.:D

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 2 months later...

Hi Alexei, welcome to the forum.

Firstly, start your own thread, it will be seen by all members especially the Moderators.:)

Secondly, have a good look through the FAQs on this site and read through the Bank Templates section. All you need to know to get started is in there.;)

Lastly, listen to The Jeremy Vine show on Radio 2 on Fri 6th Oct between 12:00 and 14:00. Martin Lewis will be speaking to Jeremy about bank charges.:wink:

Don't let the fatherless chillen get ya!:-D

Don't let the fatherless chillen get ya! :grin:

Barclays - settled in full £4799.38 ;)