Cancelling home learning course - Home Learning College

jollybean21
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

if anyone needs help or advice in how to write a letter attach your email to a reply and i will forward the letter i sent to the company

Ivan89

Hi, I have been having exactly the same issues as all the others on here re cancelling course because of struggling etc. I have been in contact with The Home Learning College a few times now regarding this and just keep getting the same answers back telling me that i cant cancel even though i have previously stated that i am willing to pay some sort of fee to cancel etc, they said i can change course or pass the course on to someone who is wanting to do the course but i am still liable to pay the £60 a month.

Could someone please help and advise what to do?

Thanks

Sarah

• 3 months later...
if anyone needs help or advice in how to write a letter attach your email to a reply and i will forward the letter i sent to the company

Ivan89

hi ivan

can you forward the email you sent cancelling the home learning college course please???

my email is.....tonydag at hotmail.co.uk many thanks in advance

tony

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have been having the same problem as well. I have had no support for my course whatsoever and even though i have been inactive for a while, the tutors don't even seem to care nor follow up why a student is not submitting any work. The instructions are so unclear.

Ivan89 can you please send me a copy of your letter? its r.patel3atyahoo.co.uk.

• 5 months later...

hi.. i have been registered with my course about a year but i didnt have time for it at all and i dont have money to pay ,, called them to cancel it but they said i have to repay whole amount anyway even if i am not studying. They said all i had is 14 days to cancel it from the date i signed in.. Is there any other way i could cancel it?

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I'm in a similar predicament. I enroled on a home learning college course through reed.co.uk. I lost my job, told them I needed to cancel cause I couldn't afford the payments. They said no but we can reduce the payments which I still can't pay. There are more important things to pay for. Anyway I sent them an email saying I'd cancelled the direct debit, this was about a month after I first told them I lost my job, sent the books back to HLC now they're saying I owe them all this money and that they'll just take it out my bank account either way if I don't pay them. I was just wondering if anyone had their problems resolved.

A lot of people got an email of a letter from Ivan89, did this help at all? I just want it over with now

many thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ivan

I enrolled on home learning college in march due to personal reason I haven't submitted any work

I been paying 129£ a month I can't afford that I called them to withdraw the course they said you can't

If you want to cancel your direct debit do it then you have to go to court. I don't know what to do

I need your help please

Thanx

Edited by B.raj

Hello,

I'm in a similar predicament. I enroled on a home learning college course through reed.co.uk. I lost my job, told them I needed to cancel cause I couldn't afford the payments. They said no but we can reduce the payments which I still can't pay. There are more important things to pay for. Anyway I sent them an email saying I'd cancelled the direct debit, this was about a month after I first told them I lost my job, sent the books back to HLC now they're saying I owe them all this money and that they'll just take it out my bank account either way if I don't pay them. I was just wondering if anyone had their problems resolved.

A lot of people got an email of a letter from Ivan89, did this help at all? I just want it over with now

many thanks!

They can't refuse your withdrawal request. They also cannot demand further payments beyond the semester you're currently enrolled in. It is illegal for them to fine you for an education you are not participating in, and it is also illegal to not let you leave. There are windows of differences in your departure from the school, but they can never say no. They can refuse refund, refuse credit awarding, and other features of that semester, but they most certainly cannot refuse the basic ability to withdraw.

Arrange an appointment with an ombudsman and inform your bank of the situation, making it clear that you are in the process of resolving the situation and would like for no funds to be released until a definitive answer is discovered. Bring all documents, all agreements, and all dialogue recordings to your appointment and inquire as to what you can legally do to prevent having your educational rights infringed upon.

Apologies as this is a late reply, but hopefully it will help someone else if they come across this and have a similar issue.