Starting With AMEX/Newman (Feb09)

fredleped
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3950 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well guess who have started up Again ! Not with Newmans though but with some other jokers who have been informed exactly what would happen if the ever sent any one to my house again. Now chasing me for more money £723.Now as in my last post you will see I informed them I would pay £100 a month, which I did.Out-standing balance £3432.I started in February 2009 and paid every month through to the end of 2011. Going through my SAR I find I have paid a total of £3400 (missed a month in 2010). £42 short I know and my fault as I didn’t recall missing a month. I have noticed on SAR that interest was continually to be added to my account.What I would like to know is it acceptable for them to add interest when AMEX notes show they have sent a Default Notice in January 2009. I have never received this letter but copies of them are included. The reason I did not receive this notice is because despite being informed a number of times (proof of which is very clear through out the SAR) they have my address wrong they continue to send correspondence to the wrong Address. Any advice ? I think I may just write to them asking for the account to be cancelled any debts out standing cleared and my credit history cleared up (currently showing as 8 (default for the last 3+ years).

Edited by fredleped