Nationwide not responding

sharmal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does Nationwide know something that I don't know? I have not received all my statements from them, even though they advised me on the 6 July that they would be put in the post.

today is the 26th and still not had them. Also got a phone call as to why I was not putting any money in the bank.

Told the gentleman that i was disputing the charges, he told me I was wasting my time that I should start paying back in and I would be in trouble if I did not.

I said thank you for that and the phone call and he hung up on me. HOW RUDE.

As it stands at the moment

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Request sent on the 6th June, no reply

Based on the statements that I could get on line

Initial letter sent on the 19 May requesting £1247.47 back, told to bog off

New request sent on the 7 July 2006 revised amount now £1525.00

So now I have to issue a money claim?

Are Nationwide paying up. I glanced yesterday that someone has had their claim put on hold while the Elliot v Lloyd case went to court? Thought that had gone and they had one.

If anyone phones you again ask them to prove they are who they say they are, saying that until they prove this your not willing to discuss anything private with them, its fun and stops them hassleing you if they can't( which they can't) hang up;)

they've failed to comply with your sar so yes report them!

ignore what the gent said he's just quoting what he's been told to say,and can not they do a thing as the amount is now in dispute( send or take a letter into local branch don't forget to get a receipt stating that you dispute that you owe them any money and your taking action to sort the dispute out) they can't do any thing to you after that.

yes they don't want to go to court and ALWAYS settle out of court, the elliot case was settled out of court a while ago! just be strong and remember that these penalies ARE UNLAWFUL and don't let their threats scare you because YOUR RIGHT and THEIR WRONG!

hope this helps

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

Sharmal

Did you enclose the £10 fee with your S.A.R ? the 40 day deadline coundown starts when they receive the request and payment.

If you did pay them you can ask a court to issue a notice requiring them to respond. Plus you should certainly report them to the OFT

Good luck

J

You may think that but . . ......

Total repaid to date £1947.58

Lloyds Currrent a/c £745.27

Moneyclaim filed 17th June

Defence and AQ 25th July. Case struck out 11 Aug

reinstated and hearing 15th Jan 2007

Lloyds loan a/c D A request expired 19th June

Proceedings under S7 Data Protection Act issued 29th June defence and counterclaim 27 July

Hearing Jan 3 2007

Listed final hearing April 2007-

Judge declared an interest and disqualified himself

new date to be set

Yes I sent the £10 and they said they would be sending the statements.

Got a letter today 1 Aug saying that mycomplaint hasd been sent to to Richard Sear who thinks that he has got 8 weeks to investigate my case. Guess he had better think again. Do not know what account he is writting about though as I am disputing three and he has not put the account number on the letter although he has signed it.

I will filing on Money Claim on Friday for 2 of the acconts and the third my current account with be with moneyclaim on 12 Aug.

I only gave them 7 days for the other two accounts because they are threatening me and I do not like being threatened.

Co-Op, Halifax or Abbey all do basic accounts.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Nationwide closed my account,(flex acc), after action, and guess who won?(ME). other accounts with NW still open so I can still go to the agm.

LLoyds have one of my parachute accounts, the other is with the woolich.

This is going to be interesting because when the acc was closed I did not get 30 days notice.

Been turned down by all of them

Have you ever been declared bankrupt or have a CIFAS warning? As far as I know those are the only reasons you are turned down for a basic bank account. Have you tried Lloyds? Please feel free to PM me if you don't want to post on here.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

I'm sure ive read on here that they 'the banks' cant refuse you a basic bank account if you have no other account in situ!!! by order of the government!

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

The Nat West said that I could have an account, did it on line and then when I had sent the stuff back turned it down, but I lso got more paperwpork on the same day to sign and send back.

A & L have now locked me off internet banking but not had a letter saying they are going to close the account yet. Although we all know that they will.

I'll give Abbey a go

Money Claim today on Nationwide Accounts.

Credit Card £224

Other Nat Account - £321.68

Cahoot - £1639.26

Next Friday - Nationwide Current Account Money Claim to be filed -£1525 = £60 interest