Have the authorities cocked up here?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently went through a red light at speed 28mph. I was sent a notice of intended prosecution which I signed and returned to the req'd office

I have today received the conditional offer of fixed penalty which states my speed at the time of offence as being 0 mph

I know that the authorities have a duty to complete their paperwork correctly. I'm just wondering that if I attended court, would this error be enough to have the case set aside and canceled?

I know that a lot of people have speeding fines etc canceled due to non correct completion of paperwork, is this the same?

Thanks

The speed is irrelevant as the offence is complete when any part of the vehicle crosses the stop line whilst a red aspect is showing. This will be demonstrated by showing any movement of the vehicle across the line between the two photographs taken by the camera, (I'm assuming automated enforcement - if not, the PC's statement is sufficient to secure a conviction)

The COPF is valid - pay it as Court will be far more expensive!