style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am about to start my campaign against Nationwide to recover the charges they unlawfully imposed on my account. I noticed on the intro that amongst the ones to 'bite back' so to speak, includes Nationwide.

Does anyone have any success stories, tips, etc.

I would be glad to hear from you.

:mad:

Am new, but thanks to all contibutors. I believe I saw something about overdrafts at the former bankchargesfromhell website before it was discontinued. My concern is that (apart from the fact that my indebtedness has been caused in large part by the charges levied on my account, sounds familiar?) I dont want to get stuck should N.wide close my account. I have taken the precaution of opening another account elsewhere, but dont want to lose any monies (which I will need) by repaying N.wide's overdraft. Is there something about who has a greater lien on salary? Advice would be greatly appreciated. Keep up the good work.

I have only realised since I found out about this forum via Guardian Money that it may be possible to reclaim charges prior to the 6 year limitation in contract. I was in business with my former husband in the mad 1990's when we had (many of you will remember, I am sure) a recession. We had business banking with National Westminster. We were hit with charges you would not believe (10 letters in 1 day! advising they would be charging, £27.50 for sending each letter, etc.). Is there any redress post the 6 years limitation. I would be grateful for any assistance. Because of what National Westminster did, they put us out of business (in their race to increase their profits and claw back the bad investments they made in the Third World).

Hi Elaine please read the FAqs and step by step instrucions and spend a couple of days reading a few threads in the Nationwide bank forum so you get a feel of how things happen, then when you are ready start your own thread in that forum in case you need to ask any questions you will be able to keep track of your claim easier than in here. There are a lot of success stories in there

Good luck

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.