Simon Vs Hsbc **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After hearing about this from a friend last weekend, I'm about to embark on reclaiming all my extortionate fees.

HSBC have refused me an overdraft in the past, but many months I'll go into funds that aren't there, incurring the same charges (£25 per time, totalling £125)... Although I don't have an overdraft, I want to confirm that I can still go ahead and reclaim all my money.

Yesterday I requested my statements for the past six years, and intend to set up a new account with the Woolwich.

What's the next step?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! I'm going ahead with it. I've had to ask HSBC twice to send the statements. It's been two weeks since I requested six years of statements, and they still haven't arrived.

One more question.

I'm in the process of transferring to Barclays... If this transfer renders my HSBC account closed, will I still be able to claim for all the charges? - or do I need to hold an account with the bank I'm trying to get money back from?

hi do you have online banking as you can get your statements from there and it doesnt matter if account is active or not still claim good luck

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

I've had to ask HSBC twice to send the statements. It's been two weeks since I requested six years of statements, and they still haven't arrived.

I'm in the process of transferring to Barclays... If this transfer renders my HSBC account closed, will I still be able to claim for all their unfair charges? - or do I need to hold an account with the bank I'm trying to get money back from?

I assume that the charges are still classed as illegal, regardless of whether I'm still an HSBC customer.

PLEASE SEE YOUR OTHER THREAD HAVE ANSWERED btw you might get a telling off from mods if ya keep starting threads especially if its to answer same questions

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges

lol thats ok it also just makes it easier for them to help you if you stick all questions under 1 thread so they can read your story a bit like a book

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges

• 1 month later...

Despite two requests HSBC still haven't sent me any statements. So I downloaded them myself - with 'Total Charges' over the past six years adding up to nearly £2,700.

Is it right to claim for 'Total Charges' ? That's as far as it breaks down.

Hands up, I have mismanaged my money in the past, but have always paid my debts. If I end up going to the Small Claims Court is it likely they'll laugh at my past history and throw the claim out?

nope. your charactor is not what is being put forward for debate. Your claim is about charges which have been taken by a company who promised u they would never take anything from u unlawfully. They wont say how their charges are made up (made up being exactly the case I believe) so it can only be assumed they r unlawful penalties.

good luck!!!

Kaz :)

HSBC

claiming £2749 (£3400 with court cost & 8%)

mcol acknowledge 25/09/06

DG requested breakdown 5/10/06

Breakdown sent to DG 12/10/06

Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance

CCA request sent 18/10/06

Whilst my aim is to be helpful, its reasonable to assume I am not a professional and am (dare I say) not always right. Seek professional help if in doubt

:-D

:lol: If i have intentionally or accidently said something of relevance or use to you, please click the scales:lol:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain". - Robert Frost

hi gl again lol dont forget its not just total charges you can claim for d/d fee's and s/o fee's and bounced cheque fee's

MY SUCCESSESS

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

welcome ppi

first response charges

U dont have to work them out at all.... if you go to FAQs and find the "step by step" guide, you'll find an excel spreadsheet that adds it for you. it takes a bit of time typing in the dates and charges (depending how many there are i suppose lol) but its worth doing cos then on the next sheet the 8% is worked out for you.

God bless that spreadsheet...i wouldnt have been able to work it out by myself to be honest lol.

Im not 100% sure its in that thread mentioned above but i know its around the FAQs somewhere. will have time to look for it for you when i get back from the school-run. :D

xx

Kaz :)

HSBC

claiming £2749 (£3400 with court cost & 8%)

mcol acknowledge 25/09/06

DG requested breakdown 5/10/06

Breakdown sent to DG 12/10/06

Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance

CCA request sent 18/10/06

Whilst my aim is to be helpful, its reasonable to assume I am not a professional and am (dare I say) not always right. Seek professional help if in doubt

:-D

:lol: If i have intentionally or accidently said something of relevance or use to you, please click the scales:lol:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain". - Robert Frost

There isn't just a single calculation that you can do. Each charge has to be calculated separately from the date it was incurred to the present day.

The Simple s/s does this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Overwrite the examples with your type of charge, amount and date - the days since and 8% are calculated automatically.

There are 2 instances of interest you can claim:

1.When you go overdrawn the bank will charge you interest, perfectly lawfully.

However, if part of your overdraft is made up of penalty fees, they are also charging you interest on these too and it is this interest which you are entitled to claim back, but it's tricky to separate out from the total interest figure.

Vampiress has a spreadsheet, (the advanced one), in the bank templates library, which attempts to calculate this

It's quite complex and unless your claim is large may not amount to that much, so for simplicity's sake, some people don't bother

This is the interest referred to in the preliminary and LBA letters.

2. Section 69 8% interest on your claim, but only when you submit a claim at court. Don't add this interest before moneyclaim

This is posted on the spreadsheet thread, which I assume you didn't read:

You are advised to send a breakdown of your claim to your bank with your request for a refund of charges. You are strongly advised to attached a schedule to your claim with the courts.

If you send the bank a letter before you have given them time to pay up demanding 8% APR they will know that you do not know what you are doing and this will more than likely end up with you NOT getting your money back.

All charges and dates are ficticious, but here are some spreadsheet templates to help you calculate the interest. Simple versions will calculate the 8% APR only, to be used when filing court claim. Advanced spreadsheets will also help you to calculate the overdraft interest you have been charged by your bank, which you can request at the preliminary stage.

I did read the info with the spreadsheets. Got awful confused though. My claim is not large, and I think calculating the interest would be too complicated for me. So the premlinary letter from me (with schedule attached) will not request any interest. Thanks for the assistance. I appreciate the help.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't received any feedback from HSBC since I sent the letter on 15/09/06. Tomorrow I will send my LBA - also by recorded delivery.

Just one question though. While this process is ongoing, further charges will accrue. Do I add revised figures with my LBA - or do I have to start up a separate claim?