bank wants a meet

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Sent first letter of approach-and recived a letter back from the bank saying

the manager would like to meet me to and I quote "to discuss matters and how the bank can assist you in reducing the likelihood of you incurring further bank charges"

"Airdrie Savings Bank strives to provide a quality service at a reasonable cost and,in most cases,our charges are set at a lower level than our competitors". (all charges have been for 20,25,30 pounds)

Now what? do I tell them no meet and send second letter of approach.

help needed.

TIA mikeb

Yup, don't meet with them. They will only try to convince you to drop/lower your claim.

Send them a letter, telling them that because of the situation, you believe it would be beter for all parties to liase via letter.

Feel free to add that you have little time to come into the branch etc, but don't use this as the main thrust of your argument as they will probably try to arrange soemthing to fit in your schedule.

All the best.

Barclays - £268 - Moneyclaim

Capital One - £172 - Moneyclaim

Abbey (2nd claim) - Moneyclaim

---------------------------------------------------

HSBC - £2164.46- PAID IN FULL

MBNA - £471 - PAID IN FULL

NatWest - £307 - PAID IN FULL

Abbey Business - £314.15 - PAID IN FULL

thanks for quick reply gordon.But can anyone tell me how long do I give the bank

now to make a sensible reply? its been a week since my initail approach,do I give

them 7 or 14 more days and send the same prelim approach letter?

TIA mikeb

Hi Mike - stick to the allocated timetable. Assuming you used a template from this group, then you would have said in there that they have 28 days in total and that after 14 days that you would send them another letter giveing them the final 14 days.

Make sure you stick to your timetable - not theirs.

The beauty of using the templates etc is that it is a tried and tested formula.

Keep us informed

thanks gordon

will send them another letter tomorrow,but I forgot to send them a schedule of the charges, will send this also.Is it just a case of printing off a letter highlighting the charges? and would this mean giving them the 28 days all over again? because of my mistake?sorry if i`m being a pest! and yes I did send the letter from this site

TIA mikeb

I wouldn't worry too much about the schedule of charges. Just send it with the second letter. If they need to know what the refund is supposed to be for, they can press their magic number and do it for themselves.

Do send the charges list with your Letter Before Action, but stick to your timetable - 2nd letter next, then court action.

Thanks again Gordon

But I have a letter written here telling them I am not intending to meet them as pre their request.Should I not bother replying to that letter then and send the second

letter when its due on 29th july? only I`m sure I read on here that one must be as diplomatic as can be?

I don't know about meeting them personally I would meet with them but I would take a dictaphone remembering to ask them if they mind me recording the conversation if not then sorry there is no point in continuing this meeting as it appears you have no interest in rational, fair and open discussion. Further more I think that from now on any communication between us should be by letter. I'd be very surprised if they would aggree to the conversation being recorded as it would open them up to questions they won't like.

Yes Michael Browne The letter from the bank was requesting I make an appointent

no specific time or date.Really a quite insulting letter at that.

And thanks for your reply driod,but definetly going to pass on meeting them.

thanks Mike b

mikeb1, jusr write back a polite note telling them that prefer to keep things in writing. If you've already sent them a letter asking for your charges back, you can give them 14 days to respond appropriately (i.e. give you your money back). Once the time's up, write the 'letter before action', including the spreadsheet with the charges. Make sure you put a clear deadline on it. Once that deadline is up, sue them. Don't get sidetracked. Remember - YOUR claim, YOUR deadlines. YOU set the agenda.

good luck. Kepp us informed of your progress. :-)

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.