a CCJ I don't recognise [other than my carter one for kays]

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5663 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I got my Equifax credit report today. It wasn't as scary as I thought although I do have a couple of questions.

I have a CCJ on my account for a fairly small amoun

t - the 200s

- issued five years ago that I just do not understand.

Where has that come from?!

I THOUGHT my first ever CCJ was the one that Brian Carter first got against me a few months ago.

How can I find out who filed the first CCJ against me?

It has a reference number - can I use that to trace the CCJ?

Also, what on earth are all the 00000s after some of my 'debts'.

I was actually fairly happy with the credit report.

I mean it was BAD but NOWHERE near as bad as I thought it would be.

The vast majority of it was 'trace' stuff.

I have several traces from debt collectors that are chasing me for the exact same debt at the same time.

I've got a fair bit of cleaning up to do, but I'm feeling GOOD and ready for a fight!

TheKat1979 - Taking Control!

Taking on -

Barclaycard via HFO - daft application form sent

Barclays Current Account - at AQ stage - fingers crossed asked for Hardship

Egg - various issues! Are about to default me on a disputed debt!

Bryan Carter CCJ set aside - looks to have been set aside without a trip to court! WOO!

hi thekat1979..

the 0's after you payment history and information about your payments for the previous 12 months .. 0 means payment up to dtae, 1 is payment up to one month late, 2 is payments up to 2 months late etc..

as for the ccj contact the court with the reference number of the ccj and they will be able to tell you who the judgement was made in favour of

Edited by kfdh1962
sausage fingers... type o's

Just to update, I went on the Northampton CCBC website today and they say they are experiencing a high call volume so to use e-mail instead. Doesn't have there phone number on there anyway! So, e-mailed them today asking a) who is the claimant for the older CCJ and b) what proof can they accept that I'm on income support as since they pay into my bank account and i'm on IS for long term disability they tend not to write to me. Don't know how long it will take them to reply though.

Taking on -

Bryan Carter CCJ set aside - looks to have been set aside without a trip to court! WOO!

Hi The kat

northampton magistartes court is 01604 497000

Northampton county court bulk processing centre is 0845 4085302

i have been helping one of our employees with a CCJ that he was not aware of that has turned to be incorrect, spoke to them recently and got through ok on the phone so give the number a try

Finally got through - it is a CCJ for T-Mobile apparently. I don't recall getting the paperwork and I've definitely not got anything from them since. It only has a year or so before it 'falls off'...may be worth just waiting possibly?

Taking on -

Was very disappointed with the man I spoke to on the phone though - he didn't sound like the sharpest knife in the block. Got there in the end though I guess! :)

Taking on -

by "falls off" in a year i am guessing the information will be 6 years old by then. i know defaults can only be listed for 6 years after they were registered... ccj's may be the same but i am not 100% sure on this... does it show as paid or unpaid?

I only just found out I even had it so its not paid, but nobody has tried to enforce it either. Yes, six years old next year.

Taking on -

i just checked, the information regarding CCJ's can only be listed for 6 years the same as for the defaults , after that time it must be removed..

unless you have paid it then you wouldnt be able to get it removed or update to show as paid...

it's up to you really how you proceed, it depends on how much of a problem this judgement is for you.. im guessing as you were not aware of it is not been a problem up to now...

Its not been my only problem and I've had a huge amount of trouble getting credit anyway, for the sake of another year, its probably worth waiting. Got a fair few defaults etc to, plus a new - unwarranted in my opinion - CCJ was registered against me in default which I need to get set aside.

Taking on -

And the plot thickens...asked the court who the claimant was on the older CCJ, they said T-Mobile. Left it at that. Got e-mail today saying it was issued by Bryan Carter. That is who has issued my newer CCJ too. Hmmm - now I'm probably just clutching at straws that they are the same debt - especially when the second CCJ is for a much larger amount than the old one- by aout three hundred per cent. But until I hear otherwise - and I have now asked via e-mail - then I'm going to live in ignorance lol

Taking on -