Nationwide Default removal.

Prangers
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that, I have just signed up to a free service, well i say free but you dial an 0871 number, which is free with BT anyway, you get a pin number, so what you do is

you dial the 0871 number which is unique to you, you get a dialing tone, dial your bank or whoever, when you finished you can then download the conversation as an MP3 file, dated and timed, you can then email it to whoever needs the evidence.

Thats the first way forward, because it seems no matter who you talk to they just like and cheat their way thru.

I wonder if somebody at my office be able to advice me on your compo claim, or at least how much you should charge?

Prangers I will ask for you and get back to you, I am sure one of the judges should know what is reasonable.

** Credentials **

10 Years Finance Fraud Investigator

5 Year High Court Sheriffs

2 Years Tip Staff Royal Courts

Currently : HMCS Enforcement Officer

• 4 weeks later...

just an update. the FOS phoned on thursday last week and have said my case is now being dealt with and they are writing to nationwide to try and sort this out. the FOS bod did say it was the first time he had seen a case of a bank removing a Default but then refusing to refund charges. and said usually its the other way round.

i was wondering if anyone knows of such a case with anyone having the same problems im having??

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Prangers. Many congratulations on your success removing the default from Nationwide! I just discovered I have a default on my credit files with them ...the default has been paid in full and satisfied. Defaulted in April 2007 due to bank charges and excessive overdraft charges!

I guess I have to get the subject access request letter now and keep at them?

• 1 month later...

i have been away on holiday for a few weeks and got back to a letter from the FOS. they have finalised my complaint and Nationwide have told them that i set up the standing order after i stopped using my account so it was my fault. but are prepared to refund me £82 but dont admit to any wrong doings...

what confuses me is if Nationwide have done everything by the book then why would they refund me £82 and certainly why would they remove the default from the account??????????

god knows wot to do now.

what have you done about it. is your account closed????

I thought I'd closed it when I found out about the charges. So they carried on adding them. In the end my employer paid a round of expenses into that account by mistake which cleared the charges but left me out of pocket. :mad:

Looking forward to getting them back finally when the Lords rule in our favour. ;)