Nationwide Default removal.

Prangers
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Background.....

Back in 2003 i opened a flex account with Nationwide. i only used the account to put in the few odd pounds a had spare. while i was using the account i set up one direct debit of £10 a month to save the children.

i eventually spent the money i had in there so phoned Nationwide and told them to cancel the direct debit. they said no problem. over the following 7 months i received monthly statements (which i never opened as i wasnt using the account) it wasnt until i had a letter from a DCA saying i owed Nationwide £350 all due to them charging me for overlimit and direct debit fees. i disputed this at the time (2004) but the denied i ever asked to cancel the direct debit. so i paid the debt (stupidly i know).

after looking at my credit file a while ago i noticed they defaulted me for the debt. so 2 weeks ago i sent a letter asking for the default to be removed and explained the above. they sent me a letter last week saying thanks for the request to repay bank charges.......

this just proves how rubbish they are as i even wrote in the letter i sent them that "THIS IS NOT FOR REPAYMENT OF CHARGES" lol. so i phoned them today and eventually after getting through to the right dept the woman said that Nationwide cannot remove defaults. the dept i spoke to had no complaint letter from me so i got their fax number and sent it (gonna post it aswell) the only reason she gave me the number to fax it is cos i told her it the letter also notified them that i will comence legal proceedings to get the default removed.

when i asked her why they didnt try to contact me when the charges were being added and were adding up each month her reply was..... "we let the accounts get into £200 worth of dept before they are passed to collections" which i told her was a lovely money making sceme for them. she also said that all direct debits have to be cancelled with all parties not just with the bank.... which is tosh as ive cancelled loads of direct debits and never had anything like this.

so i just wondered where i stand.. and what shall i do next????

i do have an open claim for these charges which i requested about 7 months ago.

cheers

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

phoned Nationwide again this morning to hopefully get someone a little more helpful. which i did. the woman i spoke to said that they can remove defaults and when i explained that i had stopped using the account and the whole debt was for unpaid direct debit fees which was after i had asked to cancel the DD. she said that she will pass the complaint on to be resolved within 5 days.

i know its silly but i did say that i would rather just have the default removed than get the charges back. to be fair its only £300 and its the only default left on my credit file so it would benifit me hugely to get it removed.

yeh i will see what they offer in the next few days. but seriously if the offer to just remove the default then im really not going to push my luck. this default is really screwing me up on the credit fund. and i will be needing a mortgage next year so this is the only thing standing in my way.

but like a say ill see what the offer. hopefully the cash and default!!!!!!

UPDATE....

just thought i would phone Nationwide today just to continue pressing them to sort this out. spoke to the worlds most unhelful woman i have ever had the misfortune to speak to. she said Nationwide have sent me a letter today...... i said could she just give me a brief outline as to what was in the letter............ she said she didnt have access to that info........long pause........ will that be all sir?????????? erm ok then bye. lol

wot a bunch of useless ********* lol

fingers crossed the letter actually contains something a little more helpful lol

right i just spoke to the refund of charges dept again and after 25 mins managed to get the numpty to put me through to the dept manager. the letter they are sending says they will not be doin anything on my complaint as the default was issued correctly.

please can i have some info on how i can proceed with this now. i need this default removed.

UPDATE:

i faxed over an LBA and i nasty letter to Nationwide yesterday. they promptly sent my complaint onto the member services to sort out asap. i have requested they send me a copy of the default notice they think they sent me.

i love my new phone. its great for recording these useless people trying to make up excuses lol

• 1 month later...

i got a final response from Nationwide regarding my charges and default. Nationwide have said they cannot send me a copy of the actual default notice so have sent me a template.

i dont suppose there is anyway i could get my default removed because they cannot provide me with a copy of the original default notice??

i need to know what o do next as they are done with my complaint now.

It needs to be an actual copy of the default notice they issued you, the data protection and cca clearly states the fact too.

No default notice then no default!

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

Update

Faxed over my letter this morning with my final demands. giving Nationwide 5 working days to produce all documents relating to my account including the default notice. phoned them at lunchtime to insure they got the fax which they confirmed they had. but said they cant produce the documents unless i pay £10. they said its called a Subject Access Request...... lol as if i didnt know that lol. anyway i told the numb nuts on the phone that i had requested the SAR in October 2008 and was never asked for money and Nationwide simply forgot to send me anything (i to forgot about it and didnt think i would need it anyway) so sending off a letter with a cheque today and told them they still have 5 days regardless and i will inform the Information Comissioner on 19/01/2009 if they have not removed the default.

so fingers crossed they actually do something this time. instead of taking 9 weeks to send me a fob off letter lol.

no more MR nice guy

well sent off the SAR on the 6th Jan and they wrote back and sent back my cheque for £10 as they said it was made out to the wrong name. even though i recorded the call when the manager in the Member Services team told me to make the cheque out to Nationwide Plc. they also said i would need to re send the correct cheque and that they will have 40 days to provide me with the SAR. i just feel they are taking the P*ss so i need to know my next course of action as im fed up with giving them more and more chances to sort this out. its about 13 weeks now since i originally complained.

any advice would be good.

just phoned member services and im not going to get anywhere. they are saying that they are waiting for the outcome of my SAR to continue with my complaint. they say they dont have access to all information on my account so i will need to request it to then submit it to the Member Services dept to look at. which is rediculous and just time wasting. they say they are not going to change thier final decision until i provide them with information from thier own bloody company. even though in my original complaint i requested to see a copy of the default notice and they took 8 weeks to send me a template.

so i have had enough. and really need to know what to do next. do i write to the Information Comissioner or do i simply file in court to have the default removed????

Try sending this letter to all the credit referance agencies. (nationwide put it on equifax, experian & call credit for my £278 worth of charges)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/data-protection-default-issues/149449-put-your-credit-reference.html#post1581179

Did this letter work for you?

Did this letter work for you?

tbh I don`t know yet as i only found it yesterday. I am a member of equifax credit watch so i done that one online, experian and callcredit will have to be posted. so fingers crossed! reading it, it seems like its not a matter of it "working", more "do this, its the law"! another thing to try would be to join equifax/experian and use there online dispute resolution service. I had one default removed this way and failed on another two

tbh I don`t know yet as i only found it yesterday. I am a member of equifax credit watch so i done that one online, experian and callcredit will have to be posted. so fingers crossed! reading it, it seems like its not a matter of it "working", more "do this, its the law"! another thing to try would be to join equifax/experian and use there online dispute resolution service. I had one default removed this way and failed on another two

I have disputed with Equifax over one default, am going to do a few more tonight and see how I get on.

My Credit File can't be any worse than it already is :D

Do you have to be a member of Equifax credit watch for them to actually do something about it? I am not right now.

tbh honest im not sure. it might depend on what the dispute is. but for incorrect information i would imagine you have the right to correct it without being a member. Has to be worth a try :-)

i have noticed on the product selection catagory you can select statutory report so maybe you dont have to be an online member

https://equifaxuk.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/equifaxuk.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php

tbh honest im not sure. it might depend on what the dispute is. but for incorrect information i would imagine you have the right to correct it without being a member. Has to be worth a try :-)

i have noticed on the product selection catagory you can select statutory report so maybe you dont have to be an online member

https://equifaxuk.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/equifaxuk.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php

I have just been really cheeky and quoted the first part of Bankfodders letter in the Notes bit! :D Stating the Default was all made up of bank charges etc etc

I did it under the section 'Incorrect Information' :D

Worth a try :D

i have already disputed this with experian and they are investigating....

Nationwide and myself are at a stail mate they wont budge and neither will. so i need to know what to do next as its really p*ssing me off now

thats the thing i would do but i dont have a clue what to do next...

Once you have sent that, within 40 days they must send you all the documents.

When you get them, go through them and highlight all the charges you have.

You add them to a spreadsheet you find on here, then send that off with a Pre-Lim letter.. wait 14 days, then Letter Before Action (LBA)... always making it known you want the defaults removed along with the charges refunded.

If you do your SARs today, find the addresses on here, (you will find the letters in the Bank Templates library) - they are actually in order too... then whilst you are waiting for your charges you can start preparing your Pre-Lim letter :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html - SAR

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html - Pre-Lim letter (only to be sent when you know what all your charges are). At this stage don't worry about 8% interest, as you can only charge that later... so just enter your charges onto a standard Excel spreadsheet like this:

Name: Joe Bloggs

Bank: Nationwide

Account: 1234567

Charge Amount Date Interest (not yet)

Late Payment Fee £35 09/10/2004

Edited by cadencealex