brindles V nationwide

brindles
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

i sent a request to nationwide for a summary of bank charges for the past 6 years.

this was there reply.

nw1.jpg?t=1225743509

nw2.jpg?t=1225743641

nw3.jpg?t=1225743693

as i do not have statements anymore should i now send a S.A.R, or is there a way of working out what i need to ask for...in the way of a refund.

its all getting a bit confusing. please help.

many thanks.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi brindles

Here is a link that tells you what charges you claim back,

Charges description on statements - Please Read

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

thanks tilly.

sent S.A.R today to nationwide. sould just done that in the first place instead i just asked for a list of charges. not much use without the statements as i will not now the ballences when charges were applied.

i will just have to wait again and hope it all comes and i can get my claim in befoe january.

thanks for the link. i had read it before but finding it again was becoming frustrating.

thanks again, you guys are great..

Hiya

Your welcome, don't forget they have 40 calender days to reply not working days ;)

Tilly

A-Z Index

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

hi again,

i have just had a thought. as the list of charges they have sent me, all fall within the charges i can claim, supplied in your link.

Can i just use these fiqures to make a claim for refund.

thanks again.

Hiya

Yes you can do your schedule of charges from what they have sent you, i see the list they have given you is only for 3 years, by sending your sar they have to send you all of your data (statements) going back 6 years.

A-Z Index

they have only sent charges up to oct 2006 as the account has been overdrawn by £250 since then.

just got left there and they stoped writing.

on the list they have sent me i see they have entered a charge called "interest charge" is that nationwide having already worked out what i should ask for or do i just enter these interest charges onto the spread sheet as i would a late fee and let the spread sheet calculate interest on it all. sorry im just confused.

thank you tilly

The interest is only added at the court stage, when you do your soc just list the charges dont' add any interest, keep a copy of your soc and prelim.

Tilly

A-Z Index

You claim your 10.00 back when you file your N1, they will reply to your prelim and lba, but because of the on going test case you will most likely have to file your claim in your local county court, which will most likely get stayed, until the outcome of the test case.

A-Z Index

Hiya

The interest on the prelim is if you are claiming for overdraft interest, which is hard to work out and most don't go for it

A-Z Index

ok, thats all clear.

prelim will be posted 1st class recorded in the morning.

i will let you know the reply as soon as it comes, but looking at other post, I think i know already.

No need to reply as i guess your busy, just send me a smile :) and i know im on the right path.

Tilly.............thank you, very much.

• 1 month later...

Hi Tilly,

I had a standard response to my preliminary aproach for repayment telling me about the OFT test case and if I apply to the courts for a refund of charges they will ask the case be stayed until the result of this test case.

I replied with a letter before action enclosing another copy of my schedule of charges....they replied with the exact same letter.

All time has passed and i must now apply to my local county court by completeing FORM N1.

looking through this site I have an idea how to complete FORM N1 just a bit worried I may make a mistake as this is my first attempt at this.

Any advice please on my particulars of claim please and can you make me aware of any common mistakes.

I need to file my claim on the 19th december. Any advice would be great..

thanks again.

Hi Brindles

First thing is you will need 3 copies of your n1 your poc and your schedule of charges

on your poc you will need to add the daily interest as well as the 8%. If you are unsure of any question or any part of the poc or the N1 just shout, it can be quiet daunting the first time you do a claim, if you want someone will always look at it before you file.

A-Z Index

hiya

This may help. it was done for me on my first claim :rolleyes::D

This is how to fill in your N1...

Your N1 claim form.....

Claiment

Tilly + address

Defendant

Haliprats Trinity road

Brief details of claim

Money claim for return of penalty charges applied to the claiments bank account by the defendant.

Value

Charges.......£xxxxxx

Interest under s69 county courts act 1984......£xxxxx

Total.....£xxxxx

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Fee.....£10

In the boxes....

Amount Claimed.....full amount

Court Fee ....... (court will tell you)

Solicitor Fee...leave blank

Human rights.....NO

Poc....Attatched

The bottom of the form.....print and sign.

DONE..!

A-Z Index

Oh yes, your advice is always a help. Will go to the court in the morning. I thought about money claims online but I have read on this site that some claims have not been succesfull as there is not always enough room online to give a complete particulars of claim.

I will complete N1 and seek your advice before i send.

Thanks Tilly for the advice and the quick responce.

ps just got a box of documents from nationwide as i keep pushing the subject access request as they still not fully complied. Another account and over a thousand in charges and thats was just a quick look and they still missing information on another account. oh well get there in the end.

Thank you Tilly :D

Hiya :)

You can fill the N1 and poc online, the only thing you have to remember is that they do not save, so you will have to print them off when you have finished filling them out.here are the links for court fees and the n1.

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/c...ms/n1_0102.pdf

County Court fees

Court Fees - Do you have to pay them?

A-Z Index

• 1 month later...

hi tilly

I am now a victim of the credit crunch and am now unemployed (anyone need a decorator lol)

as a result of this i am now claiming income based job seekers allowance and my court fee will be meet by the state, i also understand that in the event of a succesfull money claim i have to pay the court fee back to the social fund it came from, so i still claim the court fee.

I went into the court to apply for the excemption and the clerk was very kind and told me to fill in the n1 at the same time. He looked it over and told me to correct one misstake.(i wrote full amount instead of figures)

he even did 3 copies for free.

He told me it will take a bit longer to process as they need to acess my claim for the fee first and then the N1 second.

he said the court will write to me.

Just a couple of questions please.

have i done right?

I was unable to enter the court fee on my N1

was not given a case number, just a promise of a letter,

I left empty handed.

I was going to get the all clear from you first but the clerk swept me along with his knowledge and assurance all is ok.

thank you tilly

keeping you informed, brindles.

Sounds like the court clerk was a diamond. Give it a few days for the letter to come. Chances are they'll apply for a stay, but you should oppose this on the grounds of hardship. The fact that you're exempt from court fees on these grounds may work in your favour.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.