Young person's railcard, train, court summons

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5689 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Sorry, im sure this must have been answered before, but I couldnt find it anywhere...

I bought my train tickets online. I bought them with a young persons railcard discount.

I have/had a railcard for the journey, but couldn't find it. I got on the train thinking, at least I have the exact recipet of the railcard, that should be enough...

On the train, I searched hard for the receipt, but couldnt find it. Ticket guy said pay 160 off quid - he was rude bla bla, but that's all been said before...

I said I havent got that money on me - he asked me to sign something that said I intended to board this train without a valid ticket (which wasnt true).

When I refused, he got the railway civil police person to interview/caution me etc.

He interviewed me and his notes along with a summons have been issued to me asking for 60quid plus costs (120quid).

I got my brother to pick up the receipt from my house that day and produced it to the train company at my final destination & got the card replaced.

He said the company should send a fine, pay it and you should be fine etc...

Well it had been 4 months. Now I have this summons...

In fact I am currently abroad and will be for the next 6-8 months probably.

Can anyone help please???