Tesco Car Insurance

red99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

All, i have a friend who was recently involved in a RTA and as a result her car was a write off. Her cover was 3rd party with Tesco. Insurers are now saying she has to carry on with her repayment schedule even though her car is no longer on the road. Is this correct????? As i said i dont have the policy but on hearing this i thought it odd and thought i'd ask if any of you had come across anything similar.

Thanks in advance

I would double check with Tesco's to see that they have not paid anything out on the claim. Usually insurers will request the payment for the rest of the policy year, but only if something has been paid....

If nothing has been paid, complain to a manager. If they fall behind the excuse that a claim has been made, explain that because £0 has been paid out it can be classed as a non fault claim.

if they still say no then complain to the FSA

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

If the friend only had third party cover, then I don't see that Tesco would have paid out anything to cover their losses. I'm not sure if your friend can make a claim through the MIB for this, it might be worth investigating. In respect of the policy, with the car being a write off and unusable, I would imagine the onus is on your friend to actually cancel the policy, but this should only be done if the car is not on the public highway. If it is still parked on the road, it legally needs to be insured.

If the friend only had third party cover, then I don't see that Tesco would have paid out anything to cover their losses. I'm not sure if your friend can make a claim through the MIB for this, it might be worth investigating. In respect of the policy, with the car being a write off and unusable, I would imagine the onus is on your friend to actually cancel the policy, but this should only be done if the car is not on the public highway. If it is still parked on the road, it legally needs to be insured.

Including ANYWHERE maintained by public funds & where the public has or is given access.