DLA reapplication knocked back

GlasweJen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5686 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I posted a shorter version of this on the disabilities board but thought i'd post here also just in case anyone here could help.

Been on DLA for 4 years due to having a condition that's like epilepsy but isn't. I also have a "dyslexia like learning difficulty". I have a pacemaker and work 16 hours a week in a large supermarket that supports me by placing me in the clothing department and making sure i work in a team and, if possible, with the first aider so I get the disabled rate of tax credits.

I reapplied for DLA with the new style form and didn't really understand the box system but i gave it my best shot as the CAB in my old area didn't fill in forms. I moved and recently got my knock back in the post. On one page it said that i didn't black out so didn't need accompanied when i'm out and on the other page it said that i did black out but i was aware of danger when i do - i am definately not as i am completely unconcious.

I called the DLA helpline and they advised me to go to CAB in my new area, due to their caseload being too big they couldn't help me but they gave me the GL24 form.

I called the DLA helpline again and the case is being re-looked at based on details taken over the phone, i also requested that my GP be contacted but as she's a new GP i'm not sure how much use she will be.

I realise i'm not at the appeal stage yet but need to know what other organisations can help me with the GL24 and the appeal if needed? I live in West Lothian.

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

no the pacemaker hasn't really helped the episodes at all, it did for the first month or so but that's been put down to the fact that i had nil stress and no life as i was just in my mums house, off work and uni with no big responsibilities. The minute i went back to real life the episodes were back and i was re-medicated so i'm back to the same amount of episodes with the same severity. The pacemaker was never meant to cure anyway but rather give a look in at how my heart has been responding and now it looks like i may have POTS as well because the pacemaker is catching tacchycardia as well as bradycardia episodes which co-incide with my fainting diary.

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

Bless you are having a rough time of it.

I thought your PPM would have been set to override tachys to reduce incidence of fainting. Are your docs doing EPS?

I would keep up the battle for DLA, get your cardiologist to support your application.

Good luck, hope they get you sorted soon.

Poppynurse :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!

No they're loathe to do an EP study because they're convinced that they got all the answers on the tilt table but that was about 5 years ago now. It was an unmedicated tilt so they can't even put the rate drop down to the spray or anything.

The pacemaker was always set on preventing brady episodes as it's usually rate drop that causes my syncopes; with the new episodes in mine there's now debate over wether i need a different model but they wont fit one while my scar is still keloid.

Your local council should have a welfare rights officer who will help you with any forms and any subsequent appeal if necessary. I think they are based within the social services department in my area.

They do like to fail some cases which are then passed on appeal or review.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Definately approach welfare rights. I know they are very busy and I am being seen middle of november at the earliest just waiting for official app to come through. They are going to help me fiil mine in. But ring now and you shold soon like me get help.

They have even set up another app to help sort out my debts for me as odd phone calls driving me mad. I did pick up they were stressed at fitting everyone in, but thats not knocking them, I can only imagine they must be rushed off their feet at the moment with all the changes and are like most things quickly booked up.

Best wishes