*** THE FORUM NEEDS HELP - Please read ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5690 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Early on it was stated that, with 194,000 members, each member would only need to make a small contribution.

The fact is that the vast majority of members are not active, having joined to get their problem solved and then not come back.

I would suggest that the active membership is probably no more than 5,000 and hence the contributions required from each member is much more than you might think.

Is there a siteteam person about who can give the approximate number of active members?

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheque in the post today another to follow on payday at the end of the month.

Good Luck The CAG must prevail in this fight;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

I would suggest that the active membership is probably no more than 5,000 and hence the contributions required from each member is much more than you might think.

Is there a siteteam person about who can give the approximate number of active members?

Hmm, i think that figure is a little low in all honesty, i would say that there is a lot more than 5000 active members

I will see what i can find out on this though

Post removed to prevent any upset

Edited by alanalana
No posts after mine so gave me a cause for concern

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

I hope my previous post was not misguided this post is to keep it in view.

aa

I have removed the previous post to hopefully get the thread moving again

Edited by alanalana
text added

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

I too will be making a donation come payday....to be honest I am eternally grateful to the CAG as without it, my life would have been turned upside down, even when I haven't been able to make a monetary donation, the absolute very least I could do was to try and help others in similar situations....the support (both legal and moral) I received was truly unbelievable.

I have put my twopenneth in, and will continue to pop money into the pot whenever I can. This site is a lifeline to so many people, me included, who without it may not even be here. I answer my phone without fear now, I actually hope that it is a DCA on the line, as I know that they cannot do anything like they threaten to do. Fuzzybobble, Fred Basset and the others make me laugh out loud and it would be a travesty if this site was not here.

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

To the wealthy backer - please reconsider, people's lives, health and homes are at risk without this site!

Absolutley agree BB,

Its a shame that such things happen, but alas these things happen.

Sadly though, the person behind this doesnt seem to care too much about these things as if they did they would not be conducting such an action in my personal opinion,

Still lets hope the CAG can get through this

Fiver sent via paypal.

Without this site I don't think I'd still be here.

To the wealthy backer - please reconsider, people's lives, health and homes are at risk without this site!

No doubts this wealthy backer is also a director of a DCA, and probably thinks this is the best way he can stop people getting to know their rights.

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

Long story short... I have paid a fiver right now as well... Apparently I have just matched Spicey's fiver, so if he hasn't coughed up, can someone on the team please let me know so that I can send Crusher after him? Thanks. :-D

Date: 08/10/2008 15:38:31

To: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: RE: Notification of donation received

Ta very much. Everything counts

And proof as above, come on, Spicey, show us yours!!! :razz:

Edited by Bookworm
Removed link to e-mail addy, sorry, boss! :-D

A BIG THANKS TO YOU ALL !!

While it may not be possible to thank everyone individually,

Your CAG names and Paypal names will be different,

Thank you everyone so far.

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

But like lots of others, Bookworm, I always seem to forget it.

However BF still thanks me c/o email - v. considerate :)

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Hi,

I'm trying to donate 20 quid but the PayPal page won't load up!

I hope that's because we're all trying to give Bankfodder our dosh!

Will keep trying.

PV

UPDATE:

£20 in the fund now!

PV ;-):-)

Edited by PossVox
update

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES. :)

We need little icons by our names saying "donated to the cause" cause that may just give some people the nudge to donate (after all, you don't want to NOT have that icon by your name if everyone else has it!):D

When you've had all the help you need, make sure you stick around to help others too!

Just think, if everyone left the site after they'd got their help, there might not be anyone left the next time YOU come back needing more assistance!!!!!!!

We need little icons by our names saying "donated to the cause" cause that may just give some people the nudge to donate (after all, you don't want to NOT have that icon by your name if everyone else has it!):D

A nice idea KER, but some people simply don't have any spare cash...