MIB. 2yrs, lots of frustration and still nowhere. Help.

jdaddycool
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

My wife suffered injuries in a car accident with an uninsured driver in July 2004. The insurance company passed details onto solicitor etc and we have been making a claim through the MIB. It has been 2 yrs now and we are still waiting. They have agreed to pay out but are dragging there heels on working out payment. My wife has not been able to work due to injuries and cant go back to work in her chosen proffesion and since accident has been registered disabled. My wife has had a full medical report and we even travelled to Germany to get scans that would have taken a long time to get here.

We have spent our savings on normal bills as without my wifes income things have been very tight. I work 3 jobs and cannot continue to do this.

Does anyone know anything that can help us chase the MIB up on this case and also the solicitor who also seems to be very laxydazy about chasing them. The usual response we get is that there is a 'backlog' of cases.

Any help/suggestions would be helpfull as were really getting squeezed by this situation.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

James.

Hello,

My wife suffered injuries in a car accident with an uninsured driver in July 2004. The insurance company passed details onto solicitor etc and we have been making a claim through the MIB. It has been 2 yrs now and we are still waiting. They have agreed to pay out but are dragging there heels on working out payment. My wife has not been able to work due to injuries and cant go back to work in her chosen proffesion and since accident has been registered disabled. My wife has had a full medical report and we even travelled to Germany to get scans that would have taken a long time to get here.

We have spent our savings on normal bills as without my wifes income things have been very tight. I work 3 jobs and cannot continue to do this.

Does anyone know anything that can help us chase the MIB up on this case and also the solicitor who also seems to be very laxydazy about chasing them. The usual response we get is that there is a 'backlog' of cases.

Any help/suggestions would be helpfull as were really getting squeezed by this situation.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

James.

There could be any reasons for the delay in final payment. It may be that your wifes serious injuries cannot yet be quantified long term. It may be that a second examination has been suggested in the 1st medical report.

But if none of that applies & I don't like saying this but 1st advise the solicitor & your insurer that you intend changing Solicitors as your not happy with their service to date. Also write to the person at the solictors (usually a partner) who is named in your 'client care' letter you will have received from the solicitor at the outset of the case outlining your complaint. He or She is duty bound to respond very quickly & if they don't can be reported to the Law Society

On the otherhand if they get their finger out explain your hardship in detail & ask them to make an interim payment request from the MIB to tied you over until final settlement

Hello,

Thanks ever so much for taking the time to reply to my message. I appreciate your time and have noted your comments. Fingers crossed we get some further info/details soon, and if not i shall be chasing them up as advised.

Thanks again,

J.