CL Finance/Cohen Claimform - MBNA [ryanair] Credit Card debt **WON**

Gazza112
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Well, good knews with this thread.

The Judge has agreed with my wasted costs order and set a hearing for January 2010. Was told in the order that i need to send a copy to the Claiment (CL Finance/Howard Cohen). A copy of my costs was recorded and sent of today to Howard Cohen. Love to be a fly on the wall when he opens that letter lol.

Gaz

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Gaz!

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Thanks GG, just need to get a result with the other MBNA.

But it looks like that one's going the same way as this one, but can't shout too much at the moment

Be nice to see that go down the pan also.

Lets face it, the majority of MBNA older agreements, along with their procedures are crap.

Since they have decided to start taking action themselves, MBNA are being true to form ie: hire a bottom end solicitor to either scare you into paying or try and blag it through the courts. Be nice to see them fall on their backside.

Don't know if you have looked at the published FOS figures but well I never, out of the out &out card companies MBNA are top of the list with

2298 complaints, of which the the FOS decided 63% against them.

Cap 1 are not far behind however with

1744 complaint of which they lost 91%:eek:

HFC managed only

606 complaints but managed to lose 87%

All the usual suspects then!

David

• 2 months later...

Hi All

I have a hearing in Court in January, for wasted Costs i put in.

Just wanted a bit of advice in what to do in the coming hearing in Court.

Do i need to take any extra paperwork with me, when i go to Court.

I'll will take all the relevent paperwork that i got for my case, but is there anything else i need to take with me.

Gaz

I'd take 3 copies of your costs documentation that you've submitted and perhaps a copy of the paperwork regarding the case to show the letters and postage receipts etc.

I would expect the Judge to be very annoyed at CL Finance/Howard Cohen for not resolving the costs issue.

Have a look at this post regarding costs such as Mealing-Mcleod which is good authority that you may claim costs up to 2/3rds of the claimants costs.

I trust you have a copy of CLF/HC's costs.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2405546.html

I'd take 3 copies of your costs documentation that you've submitted and perhaps a copy of the paperwork regarding the case to show the letters and postage receipts etc.

I would expect the Judge to be very annoyed at CL Finance/Howard Cohen for not resolving the costs issue.

Have a look at this post regarding costs such as Mealing-Mcleod which is good authority that you may claim costs up to 2/3rds of the claimants costs.

I trust you have a copy of CLF/HC's costs.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2405546.html

Hi Supasnooper

Thanks for looking in.

What i've done at the moment is sent a copy of my wasted costs to the Court. I've sent a copy of my wasted costs to CL Finance/Howard Cohen about 6-8 weeks ago maybe longer, but had no reply back from them.

Received an order from the Courts for a 20 minute hearing on the 5th January 2010.

I've not had any costs from Howard Cohen on the case, as they never put any paperwork in and it was chucked out.

Gaz

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Just an update, went to Court today for my wasted costs.

Well, I think Howard Cohen/CL Finance won't like the outcome.

Was awarded the full amount of costs i was asking for £685.00.

The funny thing was it was the same Judge that awarded me £6.10 for my other case i won. Know work that one out on the way the Judges review cases.

As soon as i get the order through i will post it up.

When i get payment from CL Finance/Howard Cohen will be donating some of the costs to CAG.

Thanks to everyone who helped me win these cases against CL Finance/Howard Cohen.

One up for the CAGS

Gaz

Well done Gaz, a great start to the New Year!

I came into this world with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Well done Gaz, a great start to the New Year!

Hi Bozalt

Yes, great start to the new year not so for CL Finance/Howard Cohen.

That will teach them to get there paperwork in order before comencing with Court proceedings. But knowing them there thick as two P.....Ks to grasp what there doing.

Gaz

I agree, i never got the full amount either, the judge knocked it down by a third, the judge said i had benefited from all the studying and info that i had learned. :confused:

GG

Hi GG

Yes, this is what i can't understand the same Judge jumped down my throught when i asked for wasted costs in my other case ans only got that small amount.

This one i could off probably added more and still would of got the same result. I was expecting the worse but i was gobsmacked when the Judge agreed to what was on my paperwork.

But it's still incouraging to other Caggers who have to deal with these DCA's.

Gaz

Yes, this is what i can't understand the same Judge jumped down my throught when i asked for wasted costs in my other case ans only got that small amount.

This one i could off probably added more and still would of got the same result. I was expecting the worse but i was gobsmacked when the Judge agreed to what was on my paperwork.

Wonder if he reflected on his decision afterwards and considered he had been a bit harsh.

Whatever, you cracked it this time!!!!

David

Well done Gazza pleased to hear of another success & will keep your thread in mind when mine are at the ready ;) (still waiting my outcome from the DJ at my hearing last July).....congratulations :D

CAG NEEDS FUNDS PLEASE DONATE AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE WHERE POSSIBLE

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

Hi All

Just an update, went to Court today for my wasted costs.

Well, I think Howard Cohen/CL Finance won't like the outcome.

Was awarded the full amount of costs i was asking for £685.00.

The funny thing was it was the same Judge that awarded me £6.10 for my other case i won. Know work that one out on the way the Judges review cases.

As soon as i get the order through i will post it up.

When i get payment from CL Finance/Howard Cohen will be donating some of the costs to CAG.

Thanks to everyone who helped me win these cases against CL Finance/Howard Cohen.

One up for the CAGS

Gaz

Fantastic News, Gazza.. what a great start to the New Year:D

I agree, i never got the full amount either, the judge knocked it down by a third, the judge said i had benefited from all the studying and info that i had learned. :confused:

GG

:lol::lol: Shame you didnt get all the costs awarded.. but the Judge's comments show he/she had a sense of humour.

• Haha 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Gazza112,

Well Done a fine result which im sure has given you a lift, and shown that they are not full proof.

Now I too am back in court on the 14th January 2010 regarding my N244 application for a set aside and also to get the judge to make application to the attorney general for a matter regarding very serious comtempt of court by MBNA's Sols.

I have submitted my 47 page statement into court cataloguing everything right from the start of the case.

It is all backed up with sound evidence.

I will be disclosing everything on my thread soon as this hearing is out of the way.

Anyway have a good new year.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Well done! Gaz:D

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,