water rate reduction if on benefits?????????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5712 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.

My mother is disabled and receives dla and my father receives a carer's allowence.

I have just discovered on this site that due to them receiving benefits they may be entitled to a discount on both their gas and electric bills.

Does anyone know if there is also a water rate reduction available for people who are disabled and receive benefits please?

Becky

ABBEY: Owed £1.140 :mad:

06/07/06 - Requested Statements

07/08/06 - Request For Repayment Letter Sent Totaling £1,140

29/08/06 - LBA Sent

15/09/06 - Received reply offering £570 as a final settlement

25/09/06 - Accepted offer but ONLY as a partial repayment, & notified them that i am still going to persue for the remainder of the money

01/10/06 - Set up court date

where did you find out about the gas/electricity reductions, as I am on DLA high rate and have never been offered any such rebates.. as for the water rates I have enquired about this and in this area they dont offer, but there are schemes set up in some places that do help out with exessive bills inc; water rates ... best to find out from your local authority as eash area is different.

I believe that some fuel companies do now offer assistance if you are on DLA. but failing that, there is a company ( staywarm) which i believe is part of Eon, and they assess you and give you the opportunity to pay a fixed amount which covers BOTH your electric and gas. My Mother has been a customer of theirs for several years now with no problems.

Each year they just write and confirm what the payments will be for the next twelve months.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

Sorry, i did forget to say that it was for pensioners, ooops !.

You could try contacting your water supplier and ask if they have special rates.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

hi becky

sorry becky, there is no reduction on water rates for people on benifits offered by any of the water companies in the uk.

if your parents are on unmetered water is may be worth them considering a water meter depending on how much water they use.

the only scheme avaliable for people on benifts is water direct where they have the monies from the bill taken direct from the benifits but they can only do it for income support & job seekers allowance income based & contribution based.