Lowells for "three" "debt of £109.41

peter123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5679 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My GF (clean credit) has just recieved a letter for a debt around 2005 of about £100 from Lowells. With it came a letter from "Three" saying they have passed her details to Lowells to collect the debt. My GF reckons she might have stopped the DD before the last bill but she cant remember. She had no letters from three since until now, three years later.

What should she do? She has no default and doesn't want one. Should she just pay up or is it correct. She cannot be default without a bill right?

write to lowells and advise this is in dispute with 3 send a full sar request to 3 with a £10 Postal order or cheque signed buy u. then wait they have 40 days to comply.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hmmmm Dispute? She has never recieved a bill for this account. So she is disputing it now?

It seems strange for them not to write but to just sell the debt? Is this allowed? My GF would probably have just paid it anyway. There has been no default could it have been put on recently???

Thanks.

the debt is in dispute because 3 never contacted her and she needs to substantiate the debt.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

i know that the debt needs to be confirmed

if no default on cra file, i feel she should pay it, then dispute it

if lowells have put a default on her cra file, then go with all guns blazing

we all know how much of a pain it is to get a default removed, after all its only 100 quid

this is my own opinion as i know it takes a long time and effort for default removel

take advice from every one and you decide what to do

this is lowell confirming address, if a home owner, infact, every thing

as its a unrecorded entry, no worries, it will drop off in twelve months

will not affect her as i believe its not shown when a credit check is done

Are they allowed todo this? Even if she has never recieved a bill??? I think we might pay and then dispute like you say but that means we will end up going to court!

no, no, you will not end up in court,

they can do this because when the agreement with 3 was signed, you gave permission

the dispute is easy

if you decide to pay the debt,

pay it , then do an sar on three

this will give all info 3 have on you

if this is an error by 3,

3 and lowells are in big trouble

your sar will give the answers as to how they say you owe this debt

Should she send a letter stating she doesn't acknowledge the debt, never recieved a bill but on the gaurentee that she is not defaulted for the debt she will make an intermediate payment within 3 days to balance the alledged debt and dispute it?

Don't panic - It is an unrecorded entry and will not show up when her credit file is checked. You can do two things - pay the debt - if she thinks it does exist, is hers and as it is a low amount.

I did not receive a bill or a default notice but a default is still on my credit file and is proving to be an absolute nightmare trying to get it removed. Had I actually received the option to pay and it was a low amount such as your GF's, personally I would have paid it, because in the long run a default will affect my rating and ultimately the rate I will get charged on future credit - I can guarantee will cost me more than £100.

Giving in to the bullies? Maybe but more cost effective in the long run and to a certain degree there has to be some negligence on your GF's part if she thinks she may have stopped the DD before all payments were paid.

as soon as they receive payment, they then cant default you as there is no debt

by making a payment, you will acknowledge the debt

lowell will be off your back, they just want your pound of flesh and use the default as intimidation.

then send 3 your sar

if the debt is wrong, come back to your thread and we will then go for the throat

oh i like a jugular extraction

i personal would inform lowells the debt is in dispute and get info from 3 but that is just my opinion. I would also by a pay as u go mobi then this cant happen again.

doing that would give lowells more time to default her

havinastella

once debt is paid, they then cant default

then go for dispute

Hmmm someone said that paying the debt is acknowledgement of it.

I am inclined to take your advice post but how can she make payment without admitting liability?

paying will acknowledge the debt

but if the resault of your sar confirms a mistake by 3, irrelevent

once the debt has been paid, thats the end of it

you then do your dispute

acknowledge the debt and paying it again irrelevent as the debt no longer exsists

are there any missed payment markers on her credit file to confirm debt

paying will acknowledge the debt

but if the resault of your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) confirms a mistake by 3, irrelevent

once the debt has been paid, thats the end of it

you then do your dispute

acknowledge the debt and paying it again irrelevent as the debt no longer exsists

are there any missed payment markers on her credit file to confirm debt

no theyre all zeros!!!

right , this now gets interesting

my advice, and mine only

pay the 100 quid to end the matter and stop the risk of a default being recorded

then send 3 an sar to find out how they got this figure

companies make mistakes all the time, and if 3 have, you have a big claim against them

right , this now gets interesting

my advice, and mine only

pay the 100 quid to end the matter and stop the risk of a default being recorded

then send 3 an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to find out how they got this figure

companies make mistakes all the time, and if 3 have, you have a big claim against them

Shall I make payment by debit/credit card over the telephone? That way I can pay tomorrow am?

as its only 100 quid, that should be allright

dont normally recomend giving a dca card numbers, but the sooner its paid, thats the end of it

tell them to send confirmation that the debt paid is in full and final settlement

once you have done that

send 3 your sar to get to the bottom of this

at least then there will be no default on her credit file

i only recomend this as lowell have not defaulted yet

dont mention to lowell about any default