AA99 v GE Money Car Loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4580 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks pt

ill go over the agreement again

aa

sending pm

realy need to get my eyes tested

We have a few cases on the lines of this case ongoing at the moment, hence why i am soo interested in this case here.

I will try to assist where i can but im keen not to put too much info on this thread where there are prying eyes lol

lets go through the agreement again

amount of credit £6995 over 60 months at 18.2 % apr

that gives an interest rate of £ 3399.06

monthly payment £173.23

total amount payable £10394.06

insurance

total amount £1795

interest £872.24

total amount payable £2667.24

fees

acceptance fee £139.26

addmin fee £71.62

total £210.88

so we add car interest with insurance interest with fees gives a total of £4482.18 now we add the car cost and insurance to give a

total amount repayable £13272.18

devide by 60 months gives a monthly figure

£221.20

cant fault the figures

now trying to find the con in the agreement

gotcha

total amount payable on loan is £10394.06

not £12350.83

insurance total payable is £2667.24

not £3169.37

you have been done by £2500

no, total amount payable must include the deposit and costs of the finance,

post,

just calm down on the figures,

what you need to do is work out firstly if the terms required by schedule 1 ,2 and 6 SI 1983/1553 are there

then when you have that part dealt with, look at the sums,

we need the amount of credit and repayments, these are the terms which cause fatal un-enforceability.

are the terms there? are they accurate?

then go from there, you are trying to run before you are walking mate, and you are going to get caught out if your not careful

• 1 year later...

Hello strangers :)

It's been nearly 2 years since we bantered on about my problem, do hope you're still around to join in again :jaw:

Have had the usual threatening letters every week/month from Link but they get thrown in the box with all the others, but this last fortnight I have BCW on the case..........phone calls and threatening letters. I've never heard of them and refused to speak on the phone. Their letterheads look alarmingly like solicitors but I think they're just another DCA aren't they?

Is this newbie worth getting into again or shall I just duck out for another 2 years?:|

as this has been going on since 2008

my pers pref is to continue to ignore

its obcv no-one

is going near any court after this time

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi give us an update and refresh memories

I'm sure we can help.

Brig.

Too many posts to read through :( GE wouldn't accept initially a reduced payment when we ran into hard times, they added £45 each month in charges for bounced d/d's, Carcraft's documentation sucked, GE's behaviour was appalling so I jacked it in. No HP so still have my 10-yr old car, worth sweet **** but essential in my life.......

as this has been going on since 2008

my pers pref is to continue to ignore

its obcv no-one

is going near any court after this time

dx

dx, thank you so much for replying so promptly, my heart leaps when I see them that know :) I think I will agree with your advice and continue to ignore! Am being evicted from my home after 8 years so have enough on my plate :(

Hi AA and sorry to hear about your problems. Have you got a thread about your eviction?

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hello caro :)

I didn't start a thread on the eviction as I have had solicitors dealing with it....... however, there is too much bad water under the bridge now with the landlords who have now applied for accelerated possession so we have started house-hunting......

Thanks for your interest ;)