AA99 v GE Money Car Loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The only place it is quoted is on a photocopy of the Finance Invoice from Carcraft to Me at the wrong address and the invoice no. ends in /GE HP and was attached to my CCA from them which in turn was 2 photocopies, First page numbered 1 of 4, second page numbered 2 of 4.

The CCA refers to Motor Loan and then underneath Fixed Sum Loan Agreement governed by CCA 1974

I have pages 3 and 4 of 4 but they are just T & C's with no references nos. except to refer to "you" and "us".

I also have 2 separate receipts for my deposit which was paid in 2 parts that I 'may be able to put my hands on'.....................

Ok so can you let me know the total deposit that you made, then i will run the sums through Dualcalc and check if they are correct.

I do believe as things stand we can raise an argument over the enforceability of the agreement. inaddition since there was a broker used here, there is a real risk that there was a commission that has not been disclosed to you , this will be set out on what is called the Underwriting sheet

if there is a secret commission then you can claim that back too as well as electing to rescind the contract as well, however that would not be necessary as the simple fact is that it is likely that the agreement would be declared unenforceable due to the number of defects within it

• Haha 1

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

£1k on one card and £1,5k on another, total paid £2,5K, but their 2 separate A4 computer-generated receipts show the payment details on each - Reason - Balance.

I have also come across a copy of the Sales Invoice from Carcraft to GE Capital - HP, and it gives

Vehicle Sale £11,495

less "Discount" £1,990 (my trade-in car)

plus Warranty, £1,795

less £10.00 as Part EX,

Balance to Exchange £11,920

less Cash Paid £2,500,

Total Finance £8,790

Have also notice a mistake on Finance Invoice from Carcraft to me, per post below, that the Deposit shows as £2,510, not £2500 :???:

Just received a phone call from a very pleasant young man at Link Financial offering to assist me with this new debt they have just bought. I told him I had been trying to make arrangements with GEMoney since August 2008, and what could he offer me. He freely admitted to not knowing anything about my situation inasmuch that they had not been passed ANY paperwork from GE, just bought the debt, and we have agreed that I shall write to him :eek:

Any suggestions :?:evil:

I thought that the £10 difference in the deposit came from the part exchange value of the car traded in but that had been taken off at the balance to exchange stage of the calculation. Has it been counted twice?

The figures look really messy and that is well outside my expertise. If they are wrong, then that is game over, isn't it?

I am more bullish than others about repudiation and, for what it is worth, I think that demanding the full amount on the back of a defective DN IS repudiatory.

I shall follow this with interest but you are in better hands than mine now.

Edited by Viscount Stair
Number blindness

Hi Lexis, thanks for popping in :)

I honestly don't know what to do now :mad:

As with all my creditors, I started off 6 months ago asking for a temporary hardship reduced payment plan :confused:

I guess I have to start CCA'ing all my DCA's now :confused:

Also waiting for pt2537 to come back re the figures :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
Just received a phone call from a very pleasant young man at Link Financial offering to assist me with this new debt they have just bought. I told him I had been trying to make arrangements with GEMoney since August 2008, and what could he offer me. He freely admitted to not knowing anything about my situation inasmuch that they had not been passed ANY paperwork from GE, just bought the debt, and we have agreed that I shall write to him :eek:

Any suggestions :?:evil:

Same nice young man phoned again 12 Feb, wondered if I had written to him yet, I said No, been too busy, so he's given me another 10 days hold:confused:

• 3 weeks later...

Same young man from Link has phoned twice more since and without verifying any security from me has had long chats with me:confused: He would basically like me to put in writing to them what the situation is because although they have been assigned the benefit of my debt, they have no other information about my contract, and would like me to tell them:confused:

pt2537, I have tried to pm you, and wondered if you could maybe have another look at these figures for me:p

My contract shows a Fixed-Sum Loan, Carcraft's Invoice to GE shows HP :confused:

I also hold an invalid DN too;)

Still recording all these calls AA?

Sure am :cool: Did u see my Cap1 response that they think 3 calls a day is fair :lol:

I wish pt would pop back in so I can get a reply off to Link :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I suggest that you respond with a CCA request and if they have that, a breakdown of how they've arrived at that figure.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi AA99, sounds like a nightmare reading through your thread.

Just did a quick google : ge money finance car craft

There are some real horror stories out there on this dynamic duo! my favourite is the guy who built a website just for carcraft complaints There are some comments from ex-employees.

Edited by nevos

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

LOL! Happy Easter to you too!

Seriously though, out of all those complaints, including mine and yours, has anything come out of all this???? The figures on my contract are decidedly dodgy and I just don't know where to turn with my agreement.

NAC turned my recent clutch job down because I didn't phone them first! :confused:

• 1 month later...

Ok, had 3 letters from HL Legal in the last 3 weeks, 1st one to say the have the debt now, 2nd one reminding me of the fact, 3rd one no reply from you so could end up in court......

GE sold to LINK on 15 Jan 09.

Can I ask one simple question?:

On my contract the first line of Key Financial Information, the figures are

Amount of Loan - Cash Loan £6995.00, Warranty £1795, Total £8790.00

(Then all the other figures follow with interest, 1st payments, admin fee, with big new totals)

I worked out that up until the date I defaulted in July 08, I had paid £5735. In theory, deducting the NAC Warranty (toilet paper!), could leave me with £1260 outstanding:confused: After being treated so badly by them, I would be prepared to negotiate on that basis for starters but would like some advice please:( I have already put this vehicle SORN and am running my chores in my son's £50 banger:x

Before you do anything AA, have you decided if you're going to go for bankruptcy or not?

Also have you had the proper paperwork from HL to prove that they own the alleged debt?

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Caro

I have received letters from LINK confirming they have been sold the debt. HL are solicitors acting for LINK.

Regarding bankruptcy, I have online solicitors looking at our situation at the moment. Waiting for their advice.

:(

I would suggest that until you've decided on whether or not to go for bankruptcy, you don't start negotiating settlements.

• 1 month later...

Thanks AC. but am so tired physically and mentally with the battles for the last year nearly with all my OC's that I have handed this account over to solicitors and they are now, I hope, struggling to make sense of my agreement. :-| This was one of my first OC's that issued a defaulty DN :cool:

Will keep updated:)

Hi AA99-Don't give up the fight even you get run down with it all. I'ts only money at the end of the day and they have to worry about how to get it not you.

Have a look at your overall debt total and if it's not a rude question post your total debt figure.

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast