AA99 v GE Money Car Loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That looks better:)

The other points are that I paid £2,500 deposit and was told that my trade-in was increased to £1500 from £500. I was also told that the NAC Warranty cost £800 to be spread over the term so I took that out too!

Lets Work This Out The Easy/corect Way

Amount Of Credit / Loan £6995 Over 60 Months At An Apr Of 18.2% Apr

That Gives

That Gives A Monthly Repayment Of £173.23

Interest Of £3,399.06

Total Repayable £10394.06

insurance

Insurance/warranty Of £1795

Monthly Repayment £44.45

Interest £872.24

Total Reayable £2667.24

So Lets Add The Interest From The Loan And Insurance To Give A Total Of £4271.30

So We Add On The Addmin Fee, I Think £71.62

Acceptance Fee £139.25

Total £210.87

Add £4271.30

Total Charge For Credit £4482.17

Now Add The Cost Of Insurance And Loan

£8790

Total Amount Repayable £13272.17

devide By Sixty Gives A Monthly Repayment Of £221.20

Figures Dont Balance

Needs Further Investigation

now youve got me interested here

there is a requirement of the Consumer Credit Agreement Regulations (schedule 1) that the agreement states the cash price of the vehicle, and also the deposit advanced, now it seems to me this is problematic with this agreement

Im betting that theres a undisclosed commission between carcraft and GE too, so we need the underwriting sheet here for this loan,

lemme get my lunch as its been a long day in court, then i will have a shufty at this

• Haha 1

still see you looking in carcraft

where is the deposit or trade in colum on the agreement

Deposit shows as £2510 on the Finance invoice. Presume that's the actual deposit I did pay & £10 for the trade-in:???:

When we were still being shown around the showroom and the salesman showed us the car we bought, the selling price was much higher than we'd wanted to go but he then said he could up his offer for our old car from £500 to £1,500 and could jiggle the figures around to get back to a lower price for it:eek:

Pure salesmanship, got to hand it the salesmen:cool:

When we first started feeling the pinch, together with their £45 p.m. charges, I went back to the same place with a view to trading down. Another salesman took me to one side, cautiously looked all around him and then whispered to me that he shouldn't be telling me this because not many people know this, as soon as you get to 2 and half years through your contract, you can just hand the keys back and call it quits :eek:

forget the finance invoice

its the agreement that counts

you last statment is a vt for a regulated hp agreement

yours is a personal loan

you own the car out right

thats why i asked if they tried to do a repo

the finance co dont own the car

you do

perfect evidence

also its misleading to the customer, on the invoice it suggests that the purchaser of the vehicle is the finance company, this is incorrect.

also the agreement itself has defects, when was it signed? what was the date?

and also can you please confirm for me if you handed over £2,500 and your car? when you purchased the car?

i have clients who have been subject to shall we say creative accounting to allow for a "better" car to be provided by fixing the the deposit, where you allegedly pay a high deposit, but in fact you dont pay anything

aa99

if i pm you my email address can you send the agreement by email attachment so i can blow it up

ime watching what i say at the moment for obviouse reasons

absolutely! my sentiments!

also the agreement itself has defects, when was it signed? what was the date?

and also can you please confirm for me if you handed over £2,500 and your car? when you purchased the car?

The agreement was signed on 19 March 2006 and yes, we handed over the £2,500 deposit, I have the receipts, and they took our old car.

absolutely! my sentiments!

The agreement was signed on 19 March 2006 and yes, we handed over the £2,500 deposit, I have the receipts, and they took our old car.

then the agreement should provide the correct figures, and it does not.

Car Craft who are consumer Credit licence holders, acted as agents of GE money here, therefore, the agreement should have been populated with the correct information. furthermore, im pretty sure that VAT is not payable on private car purchases, so i note they have charged VAT too and yet the invoice provides no such VAT payable

it seems to me that there are questions which need to be placed at Car Crafts door.