Help with entitlement.

nafjor
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5746 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi can anyone help!! I started my job 19th february 2008 and been there for 29 weeks till my boss closed shop today 13th of september 2008.But in the meantime i fell pregnant and am 5 month (21 weeks ) pregnant .I have came away with 1 weeks pay nothing else .Does anyone know if i"m entilted to any from state eg. jobs seeker allowance etc . thanks

Hi,

You poor thing. I suggest getting down to your local jobcentre or if that's a distance, you can ring them. Well worth ringing if you can't get to the office straight away in any event since, your money will run from the day you state you need to sign on/register with them - so don't lose out by even a few days. I'm not sure when maternity benefit kicks in but if you're receiving benefits that should automatically kick in when it's due to you. Best wishes and I hope you're luck's better from now on.

Hi Nafjor

Sorry to hear you lost your job.

You can claim Jobseekers Allowance up to 11 weeks before your baby is due unless through complications in the pregnancy the doctor feels you are too ill to work, in this case you can claim incapacity benefit. Once you are within 11 weeks before your baby being born (they will go by the estimated date on your Mat B1 form from the midwife or doctor) you can claim Income Support.

You need to ring 0800 0 55 66 88 and make a claim as soon as possible.

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).