paulclarkson v Lloyds - *Full Settlement received*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1899 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

just to let you know i am sending first letter to lloyds today;

my charges go back well over the 6yrs timescale .

still i have all my old statements and will tot it all up for the 6 yrs allowed

the number of times this bank has left me broke is unbeleivable .

will keep posting my progress

good luck everybody.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have added up what i have been overcharged and it comes to £522

WITHOUT INTEREST GOUING BACK 4YRS.

do i now just send them the first letter.

do i have to wait 14 days in betrween or can i just wait 7 or is it just 7 in scotland.thanks.

Best leave 14 days. It demonstrates that you have tried to reach a negotiated settlement.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

You wait as short or as long as you like. However, we recommedn at least making a stab at trying to hold a dialogue with them at least so that the judge think that at least you acted reasonably and tried to avoid litigation.

thanks for quick reply

i willwait the 14 days as you suggest.

just one more question, i have read on the forum of other people being sent letters from lloyds asking to meet them etc do i ignore these requests

or do i go and try and come to some agreement ha ha with them.

Unless there is a change in their policy, it's unlikely that they will give you your money back unless you issue a county court claim. Have you opened another back account yet? It would be wise to do so now.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

There is a possibility that they may close your account. It's not certain but best be prepared in case.

so let me get this right

if anybody challenges there illegal charges they will close there accounts

so that means they are using bully boy tactics to stop people claiming back there own money. surley that must be illegal.

and if they carry on closing accounts they will lose most of there customers.it sounds very sinister to me.

As I said, its a possibility. Be prepared. And yes, they are a vicious lot.

• 2 weeks later...

recieved standard letter back today re my first letter to lloyds regarding

my claim they basicly say no refering me to omnisman and if i dont like it open another account elsewhere, and they may take back cheque books etc

ok were up and running do i know send second letter before action or do i wait until 14 days after the first.

Wait the second 14. be as good as your word. No more. No less

I have just spoken to lloyds tsb they have taken a further £35 out of my account this morning it was taken from my tax credits that was paid into my account last night.

they are still insisting it is a valid charge i reminded them of the oft press release this morning that they are unfair, and of the 1999utccr. so it seems obvious to me that they are not gouing to take any notice of the oft whatsoever .

i told them i will see them in court l.b.a.went out late last week.

sorry i could not find my original thread,

• 2 months later...

Well good old lloyds have done it again.

Left it until the last minute to say they intend to defend my claim.

I have not recieved there defence yet but will keep you all informed of progress.

Sounds familiar paul. You may want to take a look at my Template Response thread when their defense does turn up - you can then compare and see if they have added or changed anything.

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

I have today recieved lloyds defence also the allocation questionare from the court.

It looks like the pretty standard stuff everybody else is getting. Will fill it in and return it to the court tommorow. And see what happens next.

Regards

Moderated : threads merged , please keep to your original thread when updating , thanks

Hmm - if you don't mind my asking Paul, what dates did they file the Acknowledgement of Service and the actual Defense? They usually drag their heels as long as possible! :o

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Just a quick update sorry I could not find my previous thread I have received and sent back my questionaire from Lloyds along with there defence I am now awaiting the next stage.

Boy do these guys drag there feet.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update on my thread.

No word from Lloyds solicitors or from the court the clock is ticking.

I think perhaps this may go to court although I have not yet recieved a date or indeed any word .

I will just add this may take some time to settle because I have no intention of agreeing to any conditions they may offer .

Like Mjanet why should I its me that is suing them.

Will keep you all informed.

I have my case prepared just in case it goes to court I am quite looking forward to having my moment with them.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1899 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks