You should ALL read this - it affects YOU.

Conniff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Government is once again found to be duplicitous

Rubbish.jpg In was reported in June 2008 that in a report for DEFRA called 'Household Waste Prevention Policy', consideration was given to changing planning laws in order to limit the amount of waste to be collected per dwelling. Other ideas were forcing residents to buy bin bags from their local council at a cost of 75p each, refusing to collect any 'non approved' bags and the possibility of increasing rubbish tax to £466 per year. This was recorded by Isitfair and incorporated in our report 'Where there's muck there's brass' which can be accessed from the menu link called Rubbish Tax.

To date, ministers have always claimed that any implementation of this new tax will be a matter for each local authority to decide. However, Central Government will 'encourage' local authorities to make the 'right decision'. Isitfair has stated quite clearly in its report that the implementation of this new tax is a 'done deal' and this would now seem to be confirmed as correct.

The 'Household Waste Prevention Policy' report is dated May 2007 and was compiled by eunomia research and consulting for DEFRA. The report contains 412 pages but a summary may be downloaded at:

The Environment Council website

However, in May 2008, Joan Ruddock (Environment Minister) in a written answer said that the report was not yet ready for publication and it appears from the following press release that the Opposition have forced the Government's hand:

Secret report exposes bin cuts are now official Whitehall policy

Whilst Isitfair supports voluntary recycling schemes, which are working well as recycling rates are on target to achieve 40% by 2010 as confirmed by DEFRA, it is not convinced that the introduction of a new tax is justifiable. The Government simply cannot be trusted to be truthful on this matter and we strongly recommend that every tax payer reads our report and then contacts their MP to voice their concern or otherwise over this matter. In 2010 when the next General Election is called, feedback received leads us to believe that this will be a key policy area that will decide how many people vote.

Other ideas were forcing residents to buy bin bags from their local council at a cost of 75p each, refusing to collect any 'non approved' bags

This has been happening here for years already. Admittedly, lately, for some inexplicable reason they have decided to give the first 10 or so bags away for free (every 6 months) - although this has only been for the last few months. If they are not on one of their bags, then it will not be picked up.

At the moment, in the summer, due to the nearly fortnightly collection (I say *nearly*, as there was a gap of 12 weeks where they were not collected at all - bins or recycling box), there is rubbish flowing down the streets - seagulls and foxes are not detered by the purple bags and easily rip through them.

There are two skips near the beach to the collection of the public bins. Since the 2 weekly collection, these skips are now padlocked shut. That must tell people something!

The public bins also are not being collected, and currently, out of my window as I type this, I can see 12 stacked 'orange' [public] bags stacked up next to the picnic area. Each bag is spilling food waste onto the ground, and has been for the last 2 weeks.

Will this government not be satisfied that this doesn't work until the whole of England is swimming to work through methane smelling sh*te?

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Interesting.

And these people are running our country?? Do they honestly expect everybody to meekly comply with shelling out even MORE money for a service that they believe they already pay for via ever-rising council taxes??

If the councils have any brains whatsoever and are not too daft to realise the idea of making more money by this stealth tax is a complete and utter farce, they'll politely decline to implement this tax. Otherwise, the streets of England will become an open landfill, and if you want a new sofa, you'll be able to find one at any layby!! And let's not forget the rats and other vermin....or the Bubonic Plague.

Anyone seen Wall-e?

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

mmmmm i think if they do this i will be taking my rubbish with me when i go out the house in carrier bags and ditch it in public litter bins. Unless they plan on removing all of them as well!!!

mmmmm i think if they do this i will be taking my rubbish with me when i go out the house in carrier bags and ditch it in public litter bins. Unless they plan on removing all of them as well!!!

Don't let anyone see you, I read that someone was spotted putting a receipt from either his pocket or his car into a bin near his house, they fined him because it wasn't 'street rubbish', I know :rolleyes:

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

right, so litter bins are only for rubbish kicking about in the street?? stuff that people shouldnt have dropped in the first place, and how many people pick rubbish off floor and place it in the bin?????

WTF lol!!

what next, mouthpieces we have to wear so they can charge us for the air we breath!!! LOL

surely in most areas the amount you can bin is already limited. Here they will only collect what is in your wheelie (with the lid flat down as well). In a 2 wk cycle, if that isn't limititation I don't know what is.

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

surely in most areas the amount you can bin is already limited. Here they will only collect what is in your wheelie (with the lid flat down as well). In a 2 wk cycle, if that isn't limititation I don't know what is.

ali x

[/smug mode on]

Ha, WE are allowed to have ours open by 2 inches

[/smug mode off]

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

This bin open business is another of the councils cons.

We can't have our bins open, they will not collect, no reason has been given.

Yesterday I watch the collectors from my window and they dumped two bags from next door into my bin which made it about 24" open. When the truck turned up about 10 mins later, they didn't even glance twice at it, just wheeled it to the truck and dumped it in.

They must hold competitions among their staff, the one who suggests 'another' way to con money from the tax payer gets a holiday in Barbados.

As an ex dustman I used to watch in amazement as some of the emptyers would try to 'weigh' bins in their hands to see if they were allowed to tip it. They would also look through bins to make sure there wasn't anything in it that shouldn't be in it,,, & woe betide anyone that left a bag at the side of the bin !

At the same time they would risk life & limb trying to grab Green Shield stamps & cigarette coupons !

With my mate & I, if we could lift it - it went in the truck. Both at 6ft and 16/17 stone, there wasn't much that didn't get taken.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't mind what they do or how they do it,,,,,,,, it's up to them how they spend our Council Tax etc,,,,, but don't come asking for more - we already pay to have our bins emptied, streets cleaned etc.

If we keep letting them get away with 'add-ons', it's our own fault.

STOP IT NOW !